IMPORTANT INFO FOR THE OCTOBER 2-4 WEEKEND
We plan to safely welcome fans back this October 2-4 in accordance with guidelines from state and local government, medical professionals, and public health officials. In order to provide the best and safest possible experience, the safety protocols outlined below will be in place.
To reduce potential for crowds in social or common areas, our seating and camping capacity has been reduced. Fans will not be in attendance in frontstretch seating on Friday or Saturday, and the duration of stay for campers has been reduced to three nights. As a result, some areas and offerings will be closed or unavailable.
For information about tickets and weekend camping availability, please call us at 877.Go2.DEGA. Information is subject to change.
OCTOBER 2020 EVENT MAP
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Check out some of the protocols and procedures in place to help keep you safe during our upcoming race weekend!
SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES
- SAFETY PROTOCOLS OVERVIEW
- DISTANCED SEATING
- INFIELD ACCESS
- CLOSED AREAS
PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES IN EFFECT WILL INCLUDE:
We continue to work with Alabama health and government officials to ensure the track will be ready to provide a safe experience for all NASCAR fans in attendance.
- Strict adherence to the CDC-recommended 6’ social distancing
- Reduced seating and camping capacities with social distancing measures in place
- All guests (age 3 and up) will be required to bring and wear mandatory face coverings*
- All attendees must sign a waiver acknowledging new safety protocols
- Guests will be directed to specific parking areas
- A sequenced ingress/egress procedure into the facility property/gates will be used to minimize large concentrations of personnel or guests
- Each guest will be screened prior to entering the event gates; initial screening will include questions regarding current health status and potential exposure, as well as a non-contact temperature check
- Entry and exits to the grandstands/towers, along with routes to concession stands and restrooms via the frontstretch concourse will adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Multiple handwashing and hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the operating areas and entrances
- A “Clean Team” of staff, clearly identified for guests, will be cleaning or disinfecting at all times
- No coolers will be permitted inside of the entry gates
- Clear bags and backpacks, maximum size of 18"x18"x14", will be allowed. Fanny packs and small clutch bags (maximum size of 4.5"x6.5") will be allowed. These bags can contain pre-sealed and packaged food and beverage items, including alcohol and ice
- No glass containers of any kind will be allowed
- Limited concessions, as well as some merchandise, will be available for purchase via cashless transactions
- Limited tailgating is permitted on property prior to the event with your individual group in your individual parking spot, while maintaining social distancing (no tents or grills)
*For guests who may need an accommodation in order to comply with any facility rules and/or protocols, please contact our Guest Services team when you arrive on property for further information.
There will be dedicated medical assets resourced to provide treatment and transport of any fan(s) developing symptoms during the event. In addition, a robust disinfecting / decontamination capability has been established for immediate on-site response. Finally, local public health officials will be notified of the potential infection.
MASKS & FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED
As with our essential personnel and competitors, fans in frontstretch seating will be required to wear masks while on TSS property.* Fans are encouraged to bring their own masks. TSS will have a limited supply for those who do not have one upon entry.
*For guests who may need an accommodation in order to comply with any facility rules and/or protocols, please contact our Guest Services team when you arrive on property for further information.
SEATING INFORMATION FOR THIS EVENT
Talladega Superspeedway has developed a seating plan that allows for proper social distancing within the frontstretch grandstands and tower seats.
In order to accommodate social distancing and the reduced seating capacity, fans who have already purchased or renewed their tickets have been placed in new seats.
- Every attempt was made to place fans in comparable seating as close as possible to their existing seats. Fans are required to follow event protocols, such as temperature screenings and utilizing face masks.
- All fans are required to sit in the reserved seat indicated on each of their tickets.
- New seating assignments have been sent in advance of the weekend. All tickets and admissions will be delivered digitally via Tickets @ Home.
Have questions or need assistance with your account? Please call us at 877.Go2.DEGA.
RESTROOM AND CONCESSION PROTOCOLS
All restrooms and concessions will maintain physical distancing and more frequent cleaning across high touch locations in operating areas.
There will also be no buffet or self-serve options at concession locations. There will be limited menus and limited food preparation onsite, as well as physical barriers between the guests and food service operations. Finally, anyone involved in food preparation will undergo the same screenings as employees.
INFIELD ACCESS RESTRICTED
For this event, a section of the infield will only be open to competition-essential personnel. Other areas will only be open to infield campers with the proper admissions.
The Talladega Garage Experience will not be open during this event weekend.
CLOSED OR UNAVAILABLE AREAS AND OFFERINGS
RACE TICKETS + UPGRADES
- Saturday tickets for the Gander Trucks/Xfinity Series doubleheader
- Friday General Admission tickets
- Talladega Garage Experience
- Unrestricted Weekend VIP
- Sunday VIP Experience
- FanVision/Scanner rentals
- Gecko Frontrunner's Club I
- Finish Line Premium RV
- GEICO Grounds Green
- GEICO Grounds Orange
- GEICO Grounds Yellow (Tent & RV)
- GEICO Grounds Blue
- Pecan Grove
- GEICO West Park A
- GEICO West Park B
- GEICO East Park
- Tent Camping in GEICO Reserved South Parks A-D
- Pit Road Club
- Busch Balcony
- Fan Suite access on Friday and Saturday
- Saturday Preferred Parking
- Saturday VIP Parking
- Saturday ADA Parking
- GEICO North Park
- GEICO West Park C
- GEICO South Park
ENTRY GUIDE / WHAT TO BRING
- PERMITTED/PROHIBITED ITEMS
- STAGGERED ENTRY
- SCANNER INFO
WHAT TO BRING
Permitted items include:
- One clear bag or clear backpack per person (maximum size of 18"x18"x14") or clutch bag/fanny pack (maximum size of 4.5"x6.5")
- Sunscreen, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and bug spray (aerosol, gel or liquid forms)
- Pre-packaged and sealed food and beverage items, including alcohol (no glass)
- Insulated cups - maximum size of 64 oz
- Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets that can be worn over the neck, on the belt, or carried in your clear bag
- iPads, tablets and laptop computers
- Seat cushions without metal components
- Cigarettes and lighters
- Service animals
- Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick. Flags may not obstruct another fan's view of the racing action
Prohibited items include:
- Camera bags and scanner bags (items must be in the allowed clear bag)
- Weapons (firearms, knives, etc.) and all other items restricted by Local, State or Federal law. This includes pocket knives.
- Displays of the confederate flag
- Glass or ceramic of any kind
- Dry ice
- Any coolers, bags, backpacks or containers that are not clear or are larger than the allowable size
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers and air horns
- Aerosol cans (with the exception of sunscreen, sun block, hand sanitizer, and bug spray)
- Selfie sticks
- Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Seat cushions with metal components
- Collapsible chairs
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), also known as drones
- Frisbees, balloons, beach balls or any other projectile
- Skateboards, hover boards, roller skates and bicycles
- Obscene or indecent clothing
Any other items deemed inappropriate or unsafe may be refused at the discretion of security and management. These items are subject to change without notice. There are no provisions for checking and holding items deemed restricted. Restricted items may not be left at or around the gates. Items left unattended will be removed and discarded.
STAGGERED ENTRY INFORMATION
To reduce large gatherings and ensure a smooth screening process, we have a staggered entry plan in place for fans with grandstand/tower tickets.
We recommend that you plan to arrive at our parking lots at least 30 minutes prior to your assigned time window in order to complete the initial screening process. To ensure a safe and efficient entry process, please have your Print at Home or Digital Ticket ready when approaching the gates.
Reserved seating guests may enter through any of our three open Entrance Plazas: EP1, EP2, EP4. Guests who miss their time may enter through any gate after 12:20 PM. Suite and Hospitality guests may enter through the Suite Gate located near gate V-33 beginning at 11:00 AM.
See below for entry times per seating location, along with suggested Entrance Plazas:
11:00 AM – 11:20 AM or 11:40 AM – 12:00 PM
- Gadsden Grandstand
- Lincoln Grandstand
- Anniston Grandstand
- O.V. Hill North Grandstand
- O.V. Hill South Grandstand
- Birmingham Grandstand
- Moss-Thornton Grandstand
- Talladega Grandstand
11:20 AM – 11:40 AM or 12:00 PM – 12:20 PM
- Lincoln Tower
- Anniston Tower
- O.V. Hill North Tower
- Tri-Oval Tower
- O.V. Hill South Tower
- Birmingham Tower
- Moss-Thornton Tower
- Talladega Tower
Exit and re-entry is permitted for our frontstretch guests. Please have your mobile or printed ticket ready to scan. Times listed on your tickets are local Central time. Entry times are tentative and subject to change.
COOLER POLICY FOR THIS EVENT
In accordance with safety guidelines, no coolers of any type will be allowed inside the entry gates for frontstretch ticket holders.
One clear bag or backpack per person (maximum size of 18"x18"x14") and clutch bags/fanny packs (maximum size of 4.5"x6.5") will be allowed. However, pre-sealed and packaged food and beverage items (including ice and alcohol) will be allowed in the permitted clear bag. No glass containers.
PRO TIP: Pack your items with ice, or include frozen water bottles to keep your drinks cool throughout the race!
There will also be concession options available for purchase via cashless transactions. Entry and exit routes from seating to concessions and restrooms will follow social distancing protocols.
In accordance with safety protocols and procedures, limited tailgating will be allowed on Sunday, October 4 prior to the YellaWood 500. Tents and grills will not be allowed, and only groups who traveled together will be allowed to tailgate together at their parking spot while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Multiple concession locations will be open near the available seating sections. Each location will have hand sanitizer, directional signage, social distancing signage, and an attendant sanitizing the area throughout the event.
- Cheeseburger and fries - $10.00
- Chicken Fingers and Fries - $9.00
- Fries - $4.00
- Hot Dogs - $3.00
- Peanuts - $5.00
- 20 oz Dasani Water - $3.00
- 20 oz Coca-Cola Products - $4.00
- Snacks and Candy - $2.00
- 16 oz Beer - $8.00
- Special:16 oz Busch Light - $5.00
- Mixed Drinks - $9.00
All transactions will be cashless. Accepted forms of payment: Debit, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
Merchandise will be available to purchase at track. More information about availability and location of haulers is still to come.
PARKING FOR THIS EVENT
Parking areas will open at 9:00 AM on Sunday, October 4. Frontstretch guests will enter via Jackson Trace Rd. or Allen Rd. Please follow the signage once you arrive at the track. All Preferred Parking and VIP Parking passes will be delivered via Tickets @ Home. These can be saved to your mobile wallet or printed for your convenience.
ADA parking options (must have proper pass or tag):
- Free ADA parking in ADA Lot 4 (first come, first served)
- Preferred ADA parking in ADA Lots 1 & 3 - $20
Please call us at 877.Go2.DEGA for purchase information. Additional parking protocols are still being finalized.
Joyride is a low-speed vehicle transportation service! Simply hail down one of their carts to request a ride.
- Hail down a cart for the best service!
- 833.654.RIDE (833.654.7433)
- Available Friday and Saturday from 12:00 PM to Midnight, Sunday from 8:00 AM to Midnight
- Mask is required for driver and passengers
- $5 per seat, per ride (all riders must be from the same group)
We will offer free transport around property via golf carts for those with disabilities at numerous pick-up locations. Use of these carts is restricted to the disabled guest and one companion so that we may assist everyone. All drivers and guests must wear a mask.
This is a FREE service courtesy of Talladega Superspeedway. Please no tipping.
RACING ELECTRONICS INFORMATION
Racing Electronics will not be on-site for the YellaWood 500 weekend.
If you are bringing your owned RE scanner or LEGEND device to the race, please click here for OTA and programming information. FanVision services will not be available.
TICKETS @ HOME
Saving your tickets has never been more convenient. Delivery of all tickets, camping admissions, and parking passes for this event will be done via Tickets @ Home. With Tickets @ Home, you'll have the flexibility to download your admissions straight to your mobile device OR print them at home! This makes for easy, contactless scanning when arriving at the track and approaching your entry gate.
Below are instructions. With Tickets @ Home, your admissions will be ready to print/download within two to three weeks of the event. Please call 877.Go2.DEGA if you have any questions about this process.
- MOBILE TICKETS
- COMPUTER ACCESS
MOBILE TICKET DELIVERY
- Option 1 – access from your email confirmation
a. All ticketholders will receive an email confirmation once your order has been processed.
b. This email confirmation will contain a URL that will display mobile tickets when opened on a mobile device.
c. You can add these tickets to your mobile wallet
- Option 2 – logging in to your account
a. You may also log in to your online account to access your tickets using the email address and password created when you purchased online.
i. If you purchased via phone, please see instructions below to set up your account
b. Log in to your My Tickets account
c. Once you have accessed the tickets sales page click on the menu (☰) in the upper right corner.
d. Click on 'My Tickets' tile.
e. Login into your account using the same username and password combination used to complete the purchase online (or set up your account).
f. Click the 'View Ticket Inventory' tile at the bottom of the screen.
g. Click on the tile for the event you’d like to display your mobile ticket for.
h. Click on the 'Section Row Seat' indicator tile to display the barcode to be scanned for entry
i. Add the ticket to your Apple or Digital Wallet for ease of access when entering the gate.
- Set up My Tickets Account on Mobile Device
a. Click Here to Access Login Page
b. Click on the menu (☰) and choose LOGIN
c. Click SIGN UP button
d. Complete the User Profile section and check the box at the bottom to accept the Terms & Conditions. The email address must match what was provided for the phone order.
e. After completing the SIGN UP, you will have access to your tickets. Follow instructions starting at 2.d. above
COMPUTER ACCESS FOR PRINT-AT-HOME TICKETS
- Log in to your My Tickets account using the same username and password combination used to complete the purchase online (or setup your account).
- Click on the 'My Ticket Inventory' tab.
- Click the Ticket Action drop-down field and choose Print Tickets.
- The default view is by event. Select the 'Order' tab to view inventory by order. The event view will show all tickets for events in the selected month, for all order.
- The order view allows you to display tickets by individual order ID.
- Click the arrow on the left side of an event to see the ticket inventory for that event.
- Use the checkboxes to select the tickets you wish to print.
- Verify the selected tickets and click 'Continue.'
- Verify the information of the Print Tickets screen and click 'Print Tickets.'
- Click 'View' and 'Print Tickets,' or you also have the option to download the tickets to your digital wallet.
- A new window should pop up with your printable ticket. Another window should pop up where you can select your printer and print the ticket.
- CAMPING PROTOCOLS
- ENTRY INFO
- VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
- HOW TO PARK YOUR RV
- PROHIBITED ITEMS
- VIEWING AREAS
- RV SERVICES
Practice social distancing
Please keep in mind, these are extraordinary times, and while we want to continue to bring fans out to the races, we must do so in a safe manner. Hopefully soon we will be back with social gatherings, but in the meantime, please respect those around you and remain at your campsite.
- Camping guests will be instructed to stay in their designated reserved space and at least six feet away from other campers.
- While in the spot and remaining socially distant (6’) from other camping guests they will not be required to wear a mask, face shield or other face covering.
- Face coverings must be worn anytime a camping guest is not in their campsite.
- Signage will be visible throughout the campground regarding social distancing and other protocols camping guests must abide by.
- If camping in an area where there is an empty spot adjacent to your assigned spot, guests should not use the empty space for parking, gathering or any other activities.
- Entertainment that promotes social gatherings is not allowed; stages, bars, compounds, circling the wagons, DJs, live bands, loud sound systems, etc. will be strictly prohibited.
- Grilling is allowed at your designated site with your individual group.
- All campground restrooms and shower facilities will be closed. Camping spots are for self-contained RVs only.
Enjoy the races, but be responsible and respect the enhanced social distancing rules.
While at your campsite, feel free to relax and enjoy the races as usual. When leaving your campsite, fans must wear a face covering at all times.
Reduced Number of Nights and Guests
To reduce the overall number of guests inside the campgrounds and potential for crowding in social or common areas, each RV campsite will be reduced to only allow for a maximum of 6 guests per spot.
Additionally, the duration of camping stay allowed is now 3 nights. Campers can stay with us Friday, October 2 through Monday, October 5 at NOON CT.
QUIET TIME ENFORCED
To help reduce the temptation to gather and celebrate, Quiet Time will be enforced in all camping areas from Midnight to 6:00 AM throughout the weekend.
Our hope through these additional safety precautions is that we will all be back racing as normal sooner than later. For now, we must take extra measures to ensure the safety of all fans.
Entertainment Activities Postponed
At this time, in an effort to limit any social gatherings, Talladega will not open social areas or provide entertainment such as the Big One on the Blvd and Saturday Night Infield Concert. We look forward to hosting similar activities at future races.
For now, campers should remain at their assigned campsites and adhere to social distance requirements and track policies.
ENTRY & PRE-SCREENING
All campgrounds will open on Friday, October 2 with staggered entry times that must be followed. Entry times and locations are listed below.
Upon first arrival, all individuals must exit the RV or other vehicle to complete pre-screening paperwork and have temperature taken by a trained TSS representative. As delivered via Tickets @ Home, guests must have the proper digital tickets or print-at-home tickets for admission. Please have these ready when you arrive for check-in.
If anyone in the RV does not pass the screening / non-contact temperature check, for the safety of all guests, the entire party will not be permitted to enter the track.
STAGGERED CAMPING ENTRY TIMES
Campground entry begins on Friday, October 2. Camping guests must arrive at the assigned time. Staging will not be permitted prior to opening times.
INFIELD CAMPING - Enter via the Oversized Tunnel 3:
- 8:00 AM
- Frontrunner's Club II Premium RV
- Gecko Frontrunner's Club II
- Superstretch RV
- 12:00 PM
- Talladega Boulevard
- Eastaboga Boulevard
- GEICO Grounds Red
- 8:00 AM - Enter through the Alabama Gang Superstretch Gate
- Allison Motorhome Ridge
- Farmer Motorhome Overlook
- Bonnett Corporate Motorhome Summit
- 8:00 AM - Enter through the South Camping gate outside of Turn 2
- Winner's Walk I
- Winner's Walk II
- Legend's Lane
- Champion's Corner
- 10:00 AM - Enter through the South Camping gate outside of Turn 2
- Reserved GEICO South Parks A-D
Times are tentative and subject to change.
EXIT & RE-ENTRY
If guests exit the camping areas and wish to re-enter, they will be required to go back through the screening process.
If anyone inside the vehicle fails the screening process, all guests of the campsite will be required to exit the property.
SELF-CONTAINED RVs ONLY ALLOWED
To reduce the potential for crowds in social or common areas, all camping spots are for self-contained RVs (motorhomes, 5th wheel travel trailers, and bumper-pull travel trailers) only. This requires each RV to have proper cooking facilities with an on-board power source, toilet facilities with on-board holding tank, potable water supply system including faucet, sink and holding tanks, and heating and/or air conditioning separate from the vehicle’s engine.
All campground restrooms and showers will be closed. Portable restrooms will also not be placed throughout campgrounds for general use; however, they are available to rent for your individual campsite through Wise Environmental. Please see the RV Services tab for rental information.
NO TENT CAMPING
Because campground shower and restroom facilities will be closed, we are not able to accommodate tent camping for this event.
RV PARKING INSTRUCTIONS
All RVs are required to back into designated spots. Guest services and security personnel will be onsite to assist with parking.
- In order to keep a safe and healthy environment, all recreational vehicles must park in the same direction.
- RVs are to be parked on the right side of each campsite (RVs and motorhomes must back into reserved space).
- The entry to your recreational vehicle must face the left of your campsite. This will avoid sharing of open space between all camping guests in the campgrounds.
- If camping in an area where there is an empty spot adjacent to your assigned spot, guests may not use the empty space for parking, gathering or any other activities.
PROHIBITED ITEMS IN CAMPING AREAS
If camping in an area where there is an empty spot adjacent to your assigned spot, guests may not use the empty space for parking, gathering or any other activities.
Entertainment that promotes social gatherings is not allowed for this event. Stages, bars, compounds, circling the wagons, DJs, live bands, loud sound systems, etc. will be strictly prohibited.
Guests will be asked to take down setups at infield camping spots that could interfere in any way with on-track competition protocols.
Displays of the confederate flag are strictly prohibited.
VIEWING AREAS FOR INFIELD CAMPERS
The Turn 2 viewing area and space in the GEICO Grounds Blue campground will be open on Saturday and Sunday for infield camping guests to set up chairs to view the races. Guests will be expected to wear a mask and maintain social distancing when in these areas. The Turn 3 viewing area will remain closed for the weekend.
Unfortunately, guests camping outside of the track will not have access to these viewing areas.
PORTABLE RESTROOM RENTAL
RV PUMP OUT SERVICE
POTABLE WATER SERVICE
RV SANITATION STATIONS
Sanitation stations will be available. Nano Septic product will be used on high-touch surfaces.
Talladega Superspeedway will not provide water and sewer hoses. Guests will need to provide the equipment necessary to use the sanitation stations.