(Mar. 16, 2020) – As NASCAR recently announced the postponement of all race events through May 3, the GEICO 500 race weekend (April 24-26) at Talladega Superspeedway has been postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
Talladega Superspeedway will continue to work closely with NASCAR officials on a rescheduled race date, while maintaining contact with local and federal government and health officials for the latest information on the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
“We want to thank all of our loyal and devoted fans who were set to join us during our April race weekend,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Brian Crichton. “The health and safety of our guests, NASCAR stakeholders, employees and our community is our number one priority. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times and we look forward to having everyone back in the near future for the greatest racing on the planet.”
For the latest news, including information for fans who had previously purchased tickets, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Ryan Blaney Completes Dramatic Last-Lap Pass in Overtime to Capture Photo Finish Victory in the GEICO 500
- GEICO 500 Postponed to Monday, June 22, at 2 PM CT Due to Weather at Talladega
- JUSTIN HALEY PULLS AWAY ON FINAL LAP TO WIN NASCAR XFINITY SERIES UNHINGED 300 AT TALLADEGA
- DOLLAR GETS BIG PAYDAY IN GENERAL TIRE 200 ARCA MENARDS SERIES RACE AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY
- Commander in Space: Astronaut Doug Hurley, 250 Miles Above Earth, to Give Command for Drivers to “Start Your Engines” for GEICO 500