The 2019 NASCAR season is upon us and Talladega Superspeedway fans have already shown their excitement for the track’s spring tripleheader weekend, April 26-28 as a limited number of spots remain in the reserved RV camping areas in its iconic infield, the most coveted real estate in motorsports.
Fans are encouraged to call 855-518-RACE (7223) to reserve their space, or they can visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/camping. The on-track lineup for the weekend features the GEICO 500 for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (Sunday, April 28), the MoneyLion 300 for the NASCAR Xfinity Series (Saturday, April 27) and the General Tire 200 for the traditional ARCA Menards Series (Friday, April 26). In addition to three incredible races, the historic 2.66-mile venue will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary and the kick off to the Transformation Infield Project with the new Turn 3, 2-lane Oversized Vehicle Tunnel which will allow RVers 24-hour, easy access to the infield throughout the weekend.
Below are some of the reserved RV areas with remaining spots available in the infield:
- GECKO Frontrunner’s Club I (Rows 3-5) – A prime area inside Turn 4 for fans to catch all the action as drivers peel off the 33-degree banking and head toward the Tri-Oval. This reserved area is for motorhomes only.
- GEICO Grounds Yellow RV – This area is in close proximity of Turn 3, near the end of the famed Alabama Gang Superstretch.
- GEICO Grounds Green – Located near Turns 3 and 4, this is a great area for fans to get a glimpse of the drivers coming out of the Alabama Gang Superstretch as they make their way through Turn 4.
In addition, the infamous infield has reserved areas available for cars and tents, which include:
- GEICO Grounds Blue – Located close to Turns 1 and 2, this is the perfect spot for fans to watch the 3-and 4-wide racing action on the high banks.
- GEICO Grounds Yellow – Near Turn 3, this area gives fans a great spot to relax for the weekend.
In addition to the oversized tunnel as part of Transformation this spring, fans will be treated to the new Finish Line Premium RV area (located just past the start-finish line & includes full hookups). New Infield Shower Trailers are also scheduled for completion in time for the anticipated weekend. Infield guests also have the opportunity to witness the always fun and exciting “Big One on the Blvd.” Driver/Fan event on Friday night as well as the traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert.
“The fans have definitely made a statement,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “With our overnight parks and amenities, the infield is a great place for fans to enjoy the nightly entertainment with the ‘Big One on the Blvd’ on Friday and our traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert. We are excited to welcome back all of our dedicated fans during our 50th Anniversary celebration and can’t wait for them to experience the best racing on the planet!”
The culmination of Transformation will occur this October and will allow fans to be immersed into the sport of NASCAR with a one-of-a-kind Talladega Garage Experience, which will feature “up-close” access, interactive attractions and enhanced amenities for fans, sponsors, teams and stakeholders.
Fans can learn more about the project and view the progress 24/7 via the construction cam by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/transformation.
- Talladega’s New Race Operations Building Being Constructed Outside, High Above Tri-Oval
- Transformation Infield Project into Overdrive for New Talladega Garage Experience
- Elliott Ready for an Even Better “Home” Talladega Experience Upon Return in October
- Value-Priced Concessions Offered in the Talladega Garage Experience, Coming Fall 2019
- Bye Bye Winner’s Circle! Bobby Allison Starts Demolition of 'Dega's Gatorade Victory Lane