After yesterday’s DAYTONA 500, the NASCAR season is now in full swing – and there are officially 69 days until the GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway. The historic 2.66-mile venue, which opened in 1969, is revving up for its 50th Anniversary celebration, and in honor of 50 Years of Speed, the track announced today a GROOVY "$69" ticket offer for the GEICO 500 on Sunday, April 28.
The $69 ticket is for a limited time and gives fans a chance to experience the most competitive track in NASCAR at a fantastic price. To take advantage, fans can visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 855.518.RACE (7223). The $69 offer includes the following:
- One (1) Lincoln Grandstand Ticket (between the exit of Turn 4 and the entrance to pit road) for the GEICO 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series event
- Anyone holding a Sunday ticket will also have access to the traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert
- One (1) Racing Electronics scanner and one (1) headset, valid for entire spring race weekend which also features the General Tire 200 (April 26) for the ARCA Menards Series and the MoneyLion 300 (April 27) for the NASCAR Xfinity Series
- An incredible $46 savings off race week pricing
With the Racing Electronics scanner and headset, fans will hear the uncensored chatter from the driver in the cockpit to the crew chief from the pit box, as well as the spotter high above the track while taking in the spectacular 3-and 4-wide racing action at Talladega.
Reigning premier series champion Joey Logano is the defending winner of the GEICO 500, and his victory at the 33-degree, high-banked venue, locked him into last year’s playoffs. Talladega Superspeedway opened on September 14, 1969 and Richard Brickhouse took the checkered flag. Richard Childress, Talladega’s all-time winning car owner, competed in that initial event as a driver, finishing 23rd.
As part of Transformation – The Talladega Superspeedway Infield Project, the upcoming weekend will also feature the unveiling of the new Turn 3, two-lane Oversized Vehicle Tunnel, as well as the new 69-spot Finish Line Premium RV area (located just past the start-finish line & includes full hookups) plus new Infield Shower Trailers. The culmination of Transformation will occur this October and will allow fans to be immersed into the sport of NASCAR with a one-of-a-kind Talladega Garage Experience, which will feature "up-close" access, interactive attractions and enhanced amenities for fans, sponsors, teams and stakeholders in the iconic Talladega infield. For more information on Transformation, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/transformation.
- Ryan Blaney Completes Dramatic Last-Lap Pass in Overtime to Capture Photo Finish Victory in the GEICO 500
- GEICO 500 Postponed to Monday, June 22, at 2 PM CT Due to Weather at Talladega
- JUSTIN HALEY PULLS AWAY ON FINAL LAP TO WIN NASCAR XFINITY SERIES UNHINGED 300 AT TALLADEGA
- DOLLAR GETS BIG PAYDAY IN GENERAL TIRE 200 ARCA MENARDS SERIES RACE AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY
- Commander in Space: Astronaut Doug Hurley, 250 Miles Above Earth, to Give Command for Drivers to “Start Your Engines” for GEICO 500