With the growing threat of Hurricane Irma, Talladega Superspeedway will offer a portion of its campgrounds – which will include hot shower and restroom facilities, as well as water hookups on gravel and grassy areas – free to evacuees seeking temporary refuge, beginning Thursday (Sept. 7) morning at 9 am CDT.
The mammoth 2.66-mile track, which has the largest amount of property in NASCAR, is opening its Winner’s Walk I reserved RV area outside of turn one – a free, safe destination for individuals needing a place to bring their campers, trailers and vehicles to escape the wake of this potentially catastrophic storm. In addition to the showers and restrooms, Winner’s Walk I is a reserved area allowing both RV and tent camping on the grass and gravel. The beautiful tree-lined area also contains two dump stations.
“Our track is committed to helping our friends in Florida and the surrounding states during this time of need,” Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch stated of the venue, which is located just off I-20 between Atlanta (GA) and Birmingham, AL. “We hope to provide a sense of relief by offering a place to stay for no charge for evacuees during this time of adversity. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the path of the storm.”
Directional Signage will be at the main entrance of the track. Upon driving on track property, signage will be displayed to gain easy access to Winner's Walk I.
For more information, please contact the Talladega Superspeedway guest services department at (256) 761-4709.
- Wild Finish: Denny Hamlin Wins YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway – Through Turn Four, Vaults to Lead from Fifth
- Cycling the Sights of Alabama: Jimmie Johnson’s Trek to Mt. Cheaha Unveiled at Talladega Superspeedway
- Justin Haley Emerges From “Darkhorse” to Victor in Chaotic Finish to Ag-Pro 300 At TALLADEGA
- Canadian Raphaël Lessard Records First Career Victory In Chevy Silverado 250 At Talladega
- This Is It: Brendan Gaughan, a Fan Favorite, Makes His Final NASCAR Start in the YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway