DREAMS COME TRUE
Denny Hamlin fought his way to Gatorade Victory Lane in his 300th career NSCS start to earn his 1st win here at Talladega Superspeedway in the 2014 Aaron's 499!
BACK IN VICTORY LANE
On October 20, 2013, Jamie McMurray won his 7th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race (his 2nd here at Talladega Superspeedway) in the Camping World RV Sales 500!
- The location of Talladega’s start/finish line is different from any other NASCAR venue.
- Rarely does a race go by without an unpredictable, untimely wreck called the “Big One.”
- The track’s turns are banked an incredible 33 degrees, which is the steepest on the NASCAR circuit.
- Talladega Boulevard is “Party Capital” of NASCAR where fans enjoy the full Talladega experience.
- 2000 Winston 500: Dale Earnhardt gets his last career victory.
- Bobby Allison’s crash in the 1987 Winston 500 results in NASCAR’s implementation of restrictor plates.
- In NASCAR’s list of top 10 Most Competitive Races of all time, Talladega holds 8 of the 10 positions.
- Talladega holds the NASCAR record for closest finish in the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series.