Don't wait! Get to the gate!
Enhanced ISC security measures may lead to increased entry times. In an effort to ensure the safety of all guests entering Talladega Superspeedway, every patron will enter through one of five Entry Plazas (1,2,3,4,7) or vehicle gates (V20/V33) for customers with Reserved Parking, and be security wand scanned (body scanned) and all carry-in items will be searched. To allow for these security measures, guests are encouraged to enter the grandstand/facility early.
Gates open at 9:00 AM Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for the Spring 2018 NASCAR weekend. See entry gate map. Here are the gates open each day:
- Friday | EP2, EP4, EP7
- Saturday and Sunday | EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4, EP7
ITEMS ALLOWED IN THE GRANDSTANDS
One soft-sided bag or cooler:
- Maximum size of 14" x 14" x 14"
- Coolers may have a single wall removable plastic liner
- Coolers may be packed with ice cubes and/or ice packs
- Coolers with telescoping handles and wheels within the overall maximum dimensions will be allowed
- The only YETI coolers that currently meet specifications to enter the grandstands are the Hopper Flip 18, Hopper Flip 12 and Hopper Flip 8
- Purses, camera bags and diaper bags qualify as soft-sided bags
One lightweight backpack or cinch bag:
- Maximum length of 19"
- This item can be solid or clear
- Backpacks with telescoping handles and wheels within the maximum length will be allowed
Other items that will be allowed include:
- Cups and thermoses up to 64 oz. (i.e. YETI, RTIC, Ozard, S'well)
- Sunscreen, sunblock and bug spray (aerosol, gel or liquid forms)
- Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets. These can be worn over the neck, on the belt, in a bag or carried separately.
- iPads, tablets and laptop computers
- Seat cushions without metal components
- Blankets and additional clothing
- Cigarettes and lighters
- Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick. Flags may not obstruct another fan's view of the racing action.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED IN THE GRANDSTANDS
There are no provisions for checking and holding items deemed restricted. Restricted items may not be left at or around the gates. Items left unattended will be removed and discarded.
- Weapons (firearms, knives, etc.) and all other items restricted by Local, State or Federal law.
- Hard-sided coolers (styrofoam, plastic, metal, etc.)
- Glass or ceramic of any kind
- Dry ice
- Any coolers, bags, backpacks or containers that are larger than the allowable size
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers and air horns
- Aerosol cans (with the exception of sunscreen, sun block and bug spray)
- Selfie sticks
- Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Seat cushions with metal components
- Collapsible chairs
- Strollers and wagons
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), also known as drones
- Frisbees, balloons, beach balls or any other projectile
- Skateboards, hover boards, roller skates and bicycles
- Obscene or indecent clothing
Any other items deemed inappropriate or unsafe may be refused at the discretion of security and management. These items are subject to change without notice.
Tips to Allow for Easier Access Into the Grandstands
When approaching the metal detectors, please remove any large metal objects (cell phones, keys, cameras, etc.) . You do not need to remove your hat, jacket, belt, wallet, watch, or other objects of similar size, unless instructed to do so. If carrying coins, please remove them prior to entry to avoid detection of these items.
Wait for Gate Staff to instruct you to walk to the body screener, one person at a time. If the device detects something, you may be asked to re-check your pockets and will be scanned again. Once you are screened, please proceed to the bag check station and again to the gate for your ticket to be scanned.
You and your belongings will be searched upon entry into Talladega Superspeedway. We suggest you review our Allowed/Prohibited Items list before arriving on property, and approaching the gates. By tendering your ticket and entering the grandstand/facility, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against Talladega Superspeedway, its members and/or subsidiaries, officers, employees, agents, sponsors, trustees, receivers, successors and assigns, parent companies, related or affiliated companies and all of their shareholders and directors, and sanctioning bodies. If you elect to not consent to the searches, you will be denied entry to the grandstand/facility. Every guest must pass through a security checkpoint. Re-entries are permitted with valid ticket, but all guests will be re-screened. All gates at Talladega Superspeedway are ADA accessible.