Camping in Talladega Superspeedway’s legendary infield is as popular as it gets in sports, and the proof is in the pudding. As a result of fans’ excitement for the historic track’s upcoming doubleheader NASCAR Playoffs weekend, Oct. 11-13, the coveted real estate’s Reserved Infield RV spots are filling up fast, and a limited number remain.
Fans are encouraged to call 855-518-RACE (7223) to reserve their space, or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com\camping. The weekend for NASCAR’s Most Competitive venue, which is celebrating its 50th Anniversary, features the 1000Bulbs.com 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race and the Sugarlands Shine 250 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series event, and both will have huge playoff ramifications in determining season-long champions.
Below are some of the reserved RV spots available in the iconic infield where families and friends will make memories of a lifetime:
- NEW! Alabama Gang Superstretch RV – On the inside of the track along the famed Alabama Gang Superstretch, perfect for motorhomes, fifth wheels and pull-behinds. Provides power and water hookups.
- GECKO Frontrunner’s Club I – A prime area inside Turn 4 for fans to catch all the action as drivers peel off the 33-degree banking and head toward the Tri-Oval. This reserved area is for motorhomes only.
- GEICO Grounds Yellow RV – These spots are in close proximity of Turn 3 and the iconic Talladega Blvd., near the end of the famed Alabama Gang Superstretch.
- GEICO Grounds Green – Located near Turns 3 and 4, this is a great area for fans to get a glimpse of the drivers coming off the Alabama Gang Superstretch.
In addition, the infamous infield has reserved areas available for cars and tents, which include:
- GEICO Grounds Blue – Located close to Turns 1 and 2, this is the perfect spot for fans to watch the 3-and 4-wide racing action on the high banks.
- GEICO Grounds Yellow – Near Turn 3, this area gives fans a great spot to relax for the weekend and enjoy all the additional items the infield has to offer.
The fun-filled infield provides a second-to-none social atmosphere for fans with featured events such as the Friday Night "Big One on the Blvd." driver/fan event where some of the top stars of the sport parade down the world-famous Talladega Blvd. before overseeing fan competitions, as well as the traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert. Set to headline this fall is Alabama native and country music artist Riley Green.
All infielders also have the opportunity to purchase admissions to the brand-new Talladega Garage Experience, part of the culmination of Transformation – The Talladega Superspeedway Infield Project presented by Graybar. The unmatched Garage Experience will provide fans access where they will be under the same roof where the race cars are being prepped by the race teams throughout race weekend. It will also offer incredible $4 or less Value-Priced Concessions (except for the $9 Big One Meatball), FREE Wi-Fi presented by Xtreme Concepts, Inc., reserved area at Gatorade Victory Lane to witness the winner’s celebration, entertainment stage for local music, Driver Q&A’s and other interviews, social areas and the opportunity to take part in Sunday pre-race ceremonies and Driver Introductions at the Start-Finish line.
Talladega Superspeedway’s anticipated weekend kicks off on Friday with two practice sessions each for the Sugarlands Shine 250 and the 1000Bulbs.com 500. Saturday’s slate includes the running of the Sugarlands Shine 250 (12:30 p.m. CDT), followed by Foodland/Food Giant Qualifying for the 1000Bulbs.com 500. The 1000Bulbs.com 500 is set to get the green flag on Sunday at 1 p.m. CDT.
- Throwback in Modern World, Ryan Blaney Wins Thrilling 1000Bulbs.com 500
- 1000Bulbs.com 500 Postponed Until Monday at 1 p.m.
- Chase Elliott Takes Busch Pole Award for 1000Bulbs.com 500 at Talladega
- Honorary Officials Announced for Talladega’s Doubleheader Playoffs Weekend
- Hamlin, Bowyer Top Practice Sessions for 1000Bulbs.com 500 at Talladega