Get ready Talladega Superspeedway fans! The fall schedule for the greatest race track in the world has been set for its doubleheader NASCAR Playoffs weekend (Oct. 11-13) as well as for one of the sports’ most anticipated grand openings with the one-of-a-kind Talladega Garage Experience.
In addition to the nail-biting action on the track that will have playoff ramifications for both the 1000Bulbs.com 500 for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and the Sugarlands Shine 250 for the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, there’s a lot in store for fans off the track once they arrive at the 2.66-mile venue. Here’s what fans can expect to find at the iconic track, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary:
Friday, Oct. 11
- The weekend kicks off on Friday at 9 a.m. CDT with the ribbon cutting and opening of the infield Talladega Garage Experience, which will give fans incredible “locker room” access to the sport of NASCAR. Fans with a Talladega Garage Experience admission will receive access inside all four Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Garages, where they will be under the same roof as their favorite teams and drivers as they prep their car throughout race weekend. Guests will also be able to relax in the mammoth Open Air Social Club that will feature a massive bar, 41-foot diagonal video screen, and many lounging areas. The Garage Experience will offer incredible $4 or less Value-Priced Concessions (except for the Big One Meatball) as well as FREE Wi-Fi presented by Xtreme Concepts, Inc.
- Grandstand gates open at 11 a.m. for fans to catch two practice sessions each for the Sugarlands Shine 250 and the 1000Bulbs.com 500 throughout the morning and afternoon. The finale of the day is the traditional “Big One on the Blvd.” driver parade/fan competitions. The festivities are scheduled to start at 7 p.m. and are open to all Renewal Guest ticket holders, infield camping guests and those who purchase an infield wristband.
Saturday, Oct. 12
- Fans can begin entering the Talladega Garage Experience at 8 a.m., while the grandstands open at 9 a.m. On-track activities kick off at 9:35 a.m. with qualifying for the Sugarlands Shine 250 that will determine the starting lineup for the event set to get the green flag at 12:30 p.m. It is the first race in the Round of 6 in the Gander Truck Series Playoffs, where, with a win, an eligible playoff driver could guarantee a spot in the Championship 4 finale.
- The victor of the Sugarlands Shine 250 will drive to the new winner’s circle in Gatorade Victory Lane, located in the Garage Experience, where guests with an admission will gain access to a reserved area and get the chance to witness the winner’s celebration.
- Foodland/Food Giant Qualifying for the 1000Bulbs.com 500 concludes the track action for the day and will determine who will lead the field to green on Sunday.
- Once the sun goes down, Jacksonville, AL native and country music artist Riley Green will hit the stage and headline the Saturday Night Infield Concert. The event, located at the intersection of Eastaboga and Talladega Blvds., is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. and is FREE to all infield guests and anyone who purchases a ticket to the 1000Bulbs.com 500.
Sunday, Oct. 13
- The weekend’s anchor event, the 1000Bulbs.com 500, is the "Wildcard" race in NASCAR’s premier series playoffs and is the second race (of three) in the Round of 12. Aric Almirola is the defending champion of the fall event. Grandstand gates open at 9 a.m. and the race is set to start at 1 p.m.
- The Talladega Garage Experience opens earlier in the day (8 a.m.), and as part of the experience fans will also receive access to Celebration Plaza for the Fan Q&A session (participating drivers to be announced soon) that morning, along with the opportunity to attend Driver Introductions at the start-finish line, prior to the green flag. Once the winner takes the checkered flag, fans in the Garage Experience can be a part of the Gatorade Victory Lane celebration.
Over the course of the weekend, a variety of drivers and personalities will be a part of Fan Q&A sessions in Celebration Plaza as well as other entertainment options. Talladega also offers plenty of fan-friendly activities including the Kids VIP Experience presented by Children’s of Alabama and VIP opportunities.
To purchase tickets or for more information, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 855-518-RACE (7223). Fans can learn more about the entire Transformation Infield Project presented by Graybar by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/transformation.
- End of an Era! Talladega Superspeedway’s Grant Lynch Retires This Week
- Spread Holiday Cheer with TSS’s 2-Day Package Offers during Black Friday/Cyber Monday!
- Construction of TSS's Transformation Project Home for Many Alabama-Based Companies
- NASCAR Racing Experience at Talladega this Weekend for Final Time in 2019
- Throwback in Modern World, Ryan Blaney Wins Thrilling 1000Bulbs.com 500