From Sweet Home Alabama to the land Down Under halfway across the globe, fans will be coming from far and wide to witness some of the best drivers battle at 200 mph around Talladega Superspeedway during the venue’s doubleheader NASCAR Playoff this weekend, Oct. 12-14.
Talladega’s race weekend is set to be a truly international affair, considering 73 percent of fans will be journeying to the mammoth 2.66-mile superspeedway from outside the Yellowhammer state and from all over the world including:
- All 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia
- 20 countries including Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Switzerland, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico and New Zealand
- Four continents (North America, South America, Europe and Australia)
- Australia is the farthest country that will be represented - over 9,300 miles afar and more than 8,000 nautical miles away
Loyal fans will make the trek to the track and create one of the biggest cities in the state during a massive race weekend that will feature the 1000Bulbs.com 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race on Sunday and Fr8Auctions 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) event on Saturday. Both have playoff implications in each respective series.
Race weekends at Talladega Superspeedway always attract such a diverse group of fans because the tri-oval is not only home to some of the most memorable moments in NASCAR history, but it is also a staple for knowing how to throw the sport’s best parties. This fall’s epic activities will be headlined by Friday’s “Big One on the Blvd.” and the Saturday Night Infield Concert presented by Wind Creek Casino and Hotel (FREE for 1000Bulbs.com 500 ticket holders), which will star Chris Janson as well as feature Chris Shrader and DJ Mark AD.
Known for its fan-driven atmosphere, Talladega Superspeedway also provides guests the chance to maximize their NASCAR weekend with unprecedented savings, behind-the-scenes opportunities and several camping areas. Many upgrades are still available, including the Pre-Race Pit Pass Upgrade, Paddock Club and Premium Boxes as well as the Unrestricted Weekend VIP Experience.
In only a matter of days, fans will be packing into Talladega Superspeedway to help write the venue’s next chapter in its storied history. The fun kicks off Friday with NCWTS qualifying for the Fr8Auctions 250. Saturday’s slate includes the Fr8Auctions 250, where the field of eight championship-eligible drivers will be trimmed to six, at noon CDT. The race will be followed with MENCS Foodland/Food Giant Qualifying. Sunday’s main event, the 1000Bulbs.com 500, will serve as the second race (of three) in the Round of 12, and cars are scheduled to take the green flag at 1 p.m. CDT.
- Vision Becomes Reality: France’s Alabama International Motor Speedway Comes to Life
- Let the Roar of Engines be Your Wake-Up Call When Booking with DegaRooms.com
- Retaining Walls Being Rebuilt, Backfilling Complete for 'Dega’s New Oversized Tunnel
- Suarez, Almirola, Elliott and Ragan to Join Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior to GEICO 500
- 'Dega’s Saturday Pre-Race Pass puts Fans in the Middle of NASCAR Prep, NXS Qualifying