While the greatest drivers in the world will be competing at Talladega Superspeedway on Oct. 12-14 during the highly-anticipated doubleheader NASCAR Playoff weekend (1000Bulbs.com 500 and Talladega 250), fans will have the opportunity to hit the pavement first and drive their personal car around NASCAR’s biggest and most competitive track earlier in the week during "Drive Days."
On Tuesday (Oct. 9) and Thursday (Oct. 11), "Drive Days" will offer participants to take their street legal vehicles for three thrilling laps at highway speed behind a Talladega Safety/Pace truck on Talladega’s 2.66-mile, 33-degree high banks for just $50. Times are:
- Tuesday, Oct. 9: 9 a.m.– noon CDT (Staging begins outside Gate 9 at 8:30 a.m. CDT)
- Thursday, Oct. 11: 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. CDT (Staging begins outside Gate 9 at noon CDT)
* Drives may be canceled due to track preparations or weather issues
Those interested in participating will need to stage at the outside entrance to Gate 9 which is located at the Turn 3 crossover entrance. Look for directional signage upon arriving on the property.
Other guidelines for "Drive Days" include:
- TSS Emergency Services will determine the number of vehicles that will be on track at one time
- Participants that do not abide by TSS rules and regulations will be removed from the race track surface and property
- Participants/Vehicles observed by TSS Emergency Services or staff dropping back or lagging behind and exceeding the paced highway speed will be removed from the race track surface and property
- No Passing allowed
- No vehicles allowed in/on top groove/lane of the race track
- Participants/Vehicles determined by TSS Emergency Services or Staff unsafe or unfit will not be allowed onto the race track surface
- Participants must remain in vehicle at all times once they enter the race track surface
Participants behind the wheel must be 19 years of age or older, and once on the track, remain in vehicle at all times. Each vehicle must be equipped with enough seatbelts for all passengers. No motorcycles, RV's or tractor trailers will be allowed on the track. Cash or credit card will be acceptable upon arrival at the Infield Ticket Booth located right next to the staging area. Please note Infield Camping guest(s) that wish to participate in "Drive Days" on Thursday can only exit/re-enter the Infield using North Tunnel within a vehicle that has a Tow Vehicle sticker."
The "Drive Days" kick off a full week of activity at the historic venue, culminating in two playoff events – the pivotal Talladega 250 for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (Saturday, Oct. 13) and the "wildcard" 1000Bulbs.com 500 for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (Sunday, Oct. 14). For ticket information, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 855-518-RACE (7223).
- Talladega Superspeedway April 24-26 Race Weekend Postponed; To Be Rescheduled At A Later Date
- Blaney, Wallace, DiBenedetto, & Byron First for Fan Q&A Session Lineup
- Chase Elliott Set For Q&A Session for Pit Road Club Guests
- Limited Reserved Infield RV Spaces Remain for Spring Tripleheader Weekend, April 24-26
- “Back Porch Smokers” Claim Best Overall at TSS’s 15th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off