Talladega Superspeedway and Children’s of Alabama, a not-for-profit medical center that specializes in medical care for ill and injured children, announced today that the track’s Kids VIP programming will be known as the Kids VIP Experience Presented by Children’s of Alabama. Loaded with an array of family-friendly activities for children 12-and-under, the first Kids VIP Experience Presented by Children’s of Alabama of the season at Talladega will be prior to the running of the GEICO 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series on Sunday, April 29.
Located in nearby Birmingham, Children’s of Alabama is the third largest pediatric facility in the U.S., and is the only medical center in the Yellowhammer state dedicated solely to the care and treatment of children. Ranked among the best pediatric medical centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s of Alabama provided care for youngsters from every county in Alabama, as well as 45 other states, and six foreign countries in 2017. The total count was more than 677,000 outpatient visits and more than 15,000 inpatient admissions.
The Kids VIP Experience Presented by Children’s of Alabama is a unique program that provides behind-the-scenes access for NASCAR’s youngest fans at NASCAR’s biggest track. It is available to families that purchase tickets (kids receive $50 0ff regular pricing to the GEICO 500) as well as the Pre-Race Pit Pass Upgrade to the GEICO 500. For only $75, the Pre-Race Pit Pass Upgrade allows kids to sign up for their choice of exclusive VIP opportunities (limit 2 kids per 1 adult).
Once at the Kids Station (which opens at 8 a.m.), located just behind pit road near the Media Center, each child may choose one of six “pre-race” experiences on a first-come, first-served basis. The Kids VIP options include:
- Reserved Kids VIP area at the Drivers Meeting red carpet entrance for autograph opportunities
- VIP Hot Lap rides around the 2.66-mile, 33-degree banked venue in a Grand Marshal vehicle
- Pit Box Tour with race team crew
- Up-close reserved Kids VIP area at Driver Introductions
- Fist bumps only in this area. *NO AUTOGRAPHS*
- Guided tour of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Garage (seven scheduled tour times)
- Photo opportunity in Gatorade Victory Lane
For more information on the Kids VIP Experience Presented by Children’s of Alabama and the Pre-Race Pit Pass Upgrade, simply visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/kids or call 855-518-RACE (7223).
Kids 12-and-under also receive FREE admission on Friday, April 27 to the General Tire 200 (ARCA Racing Series) and Saturday, April 28, to the Sparks Energy 300 (NASCAR Xfinity Series).
About Children’s of Alabama
Since 1911, Children’s of Alabama has provided specialized medical care for ill and injured children, offering inpatient and outpatient services throughout central Alabama. Ranked among the best pediatric medical centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s provided care for youngsters from every county in Alabama, 45 other states and six foreign countries last year, representing more than 677,000 outpatient visits and more than 15,000 inpatient admissions. With more than 2 million square feet, Children’s is the third largest pediatric medical facility in the U.S. More information is available at www.childrensal.org.
- Incredible Savings at Talladega Superspeedway Calls for an Epic Experience, Oct. 11-13
- Fans Can Gear Up Now for the Fall Doubleheader NASCAR Playoffs Weekend, Oct. 11-13
- Brand-New Pit Road Club Set to Debut during NASCAR Playoff Weekend, Oct. 11-13
- First Infield Building Erected during Phase II of Transformation Infield Project
- New Alabama Gang Superstretch RV Area Set to Debut during TSS's Fall Weekend