Talladega Superspeedway today announced a “Who’s Who” of Alabama media personalities who will serve as judges for the 13th annual Alabama Wildlife Federation Wild Game Cook-Off on Saturday, Feb. 24.
The Cook-Off will feature tasty, delicious recipes consisting of various game animals, birds and fish, prepared by dozens of the best backyard chefs in the state. The winning teams will be determined by some of Alabama’s most recognizable voices. The official judges are:
- Jim Dunaway – WJOX 94.5 The Roundtable Co-Host / CBS 42 News/Sports Anchor
- Ryan Brown – WJOX 94.5 The Roundtable Co-Host
- Stu McCann – ABC 33/40 Sports Reporter/Producer
- Ashley Gann – CBS 42 Meteorologist
- Chris Renkel – CBS 42 Sports Anchor/Reporter
- Nic Gulas – CBS 42 Sports Photographer/Producer
- Matt Murphy – Talk 99.5 Matt and Aunie Host
- Andrea Lindenberg – Talk 99.5 Matt and Aunie Host
- Greg Burgess – WZZK The Rick and Bubba Show Host
- Cheryl Wray – Sports Reporter for AL.com, Alabama Media Group and The Birmingham News
- Rick Karle – Fox 6 Sports Director/Anchor
- Mike Dubberly – Fox 6 Good Day Alabama Anchor
- Guy Rawlings – NBC 13 News Anchor
- Lisa Crane – NBC 13 News Anchor
- Chip Moore – Vice President – Head of Operations at First Bank of Alabama
In addition to the delicious samplings of unique delicacies, the event, held in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series garage, will also feature opportunities for HOT laps around the track, live music, door prizes, raffles and an incredible array of spectacular and unique silent auction items which will be displayed along the center aisle of the garage. Expected auction items include autographed racing memorabilia, outdoor and college-themed art prints and more.
Tickets to attend the AWF Wild Game Cook-Off are $40 per person, or $50 per couple. Youth under the age of 15 are free. While the food sampling and entertainment begins at 4:00 p.m. CST, gates actually open earlier for participants who purchase HOT LAP rides (tickets for HOT LAP rides sold separately), which run from 3-4:30 p.m. CST. Tickets for the HOT LAP rides are ONLY $25 in advance or $40 the day of the event.
To purchase tickets, pre-order rides around the track or participate as a cook team call Alabama Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-9453 or visit their website at www.alabamawildlife.org.
Everyone attending the event gets to sample the mouthwatering delicacies, which will be a part of three different divisions: wild game, fish and fowl. Prizes will be presented to the first through third place winners in each division, as well as a “Best Overall Winner,” which will be invited to the state finals held in Millbrook, AL on August 4, 2018 to compete for the title of AWF 2018 Wild Game Cook-Off State Champion.
The Alabama Wildlife Federation, established by sportsmen in 1935, is the state’s oldest and largest citizens’ conservation organization. The mission of the Alabama Wildlife Federation, a 501©3 non-profit group supported by membership dues and donations, is to promote conservation and wise use of Alabama’s wildlife and related natural resources as a basis for economic and social prosperity. To learn more about the Alabama Wildlife Federation, including membership details, programs and projects, visit www.alabamawildlife.org or by phone at 1-800-822-WILD.
- CHARITABLE “DRIVE” RETURNS TO TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY, JUNE 30
- Joey Logano Ends Year-Long Victory Drought, Wins 49th GEICO 500
- Kevin Harvick Tops Fr8Auctions Qualifying, Earns Pole for 49th GEICO 500
- Zane Smith Wins General Tire 200 in Closest Finish in ARCA Racing Series History
- Ty Dillon, Jamie McMurray Lead Practice Sessions for 49th GEICO 500