Thousands of race fans from across the globe – including five continents, 21 countries and all 50 states in the U.S. - are headed to Talladega Superspeedway this weekend, turning the area into the capital of the NASCAR circuit and one of the largest cities in the fine state of Alabama. The weekend features three full days of racing action including the GEICO 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series event on Sunday, NASCAR XFINITY Series’ Sparks Energy 300 on Saturday and ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200 to kick things off on Friday.
Ticket holders coming to the anticipated triple-header race weekend at the 2.66-mile facility are from all over the world:
- 21 countries including Belgium, Denmark, Germany, France and the United States
- Five continents (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Australia)
- Australia is the farthest country that will be represented - over 9,300 miles afar and more than 8,000 nautical miles away
- All 50 states and the District of Columbia
The Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is a proud partner of Talladega Superspeedway and is excited to welcome these passionate race fans from across the United States and the globe to Talladega. Birmingham (BHM) passengers will receive the same friendly welcome and outstanding food as they do at the track, once they step foot off the plane. At BHM, fans can experience the speedway-themed Talladega Grille, featuring bar service and tailgate style food options. BHM is the Talladega Superspeedway fan’s trusted source for flights with over 100 daily departures and destinations to get fans to the race and back home with ease.
“NASCAR fans are hands down the best sports fans in the world,” said Chairman of Talladega Superspeedway Grant Lynch. “The fact that we have all 50 states and over 20 countries represented proves that our fans are truly wild about the heart-pounding, three and-four-wide racing action that we offer. Our fans come from all over to witness not only the on-track action, but take part in the off-track activities as well. It is so true that when we say, ‘This is more than a race, This is Talladega,’ our fans know it first-hand.”
More than 70% of Talladega Superspeedway’s loyal fans come from outside of the state of Alabama - generating more than $300 million annually for Alabama tourism – to enjoy the best racing on the planet, as well as an exciting, social atmosphere that is good for all ages.
“Everybody knows that Talladega Superspeedway has the best racing and throws the best party on the NASCAR circuit,” said Alabama Tourism Director Lee Sentell. “Talladega hosts marquee events that are attended by fans worldwide. They are a major contributor for tourism in the state of Alabama, which allows us to showcase to those attending what our wonderful state has to offer.”
- TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY SET FOR FALL NASCAR PLAYOFF WEEKEND; FRIDAY IS “FREE!”
- CHARITABLE “DRIVE” RETURNS TO TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY, JUNE 30
- Joey Logano Ends Year-Long Victory Drought, Wins 49th GEICO 500
- Kevin Harvick Tops Fr8Auctions Qualifying, Earns Pole for 49th GEICO 500
- Zane Smith Wins General Tire 200 in Closest Finish in ARCA Racing Series History