Talladega, AL - Local celebrity judges for the Saturday, Mar. 4, Alabama Wildlife Federation Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway will be a “Who’s Who” of media personalities in central Alabama.
The judges will sample delicious recipes from dozens of talented Alabama cook-off teams, that will be ready to go with their grills, smokers, fryers and more. Some of Alabama’s most recognizable voices and faces will determine the winning cook teams in the 12th annual event. The official judges scheduled to be on hand are listed below:
- Charles Daniel – ABC 33/40 TV Personality, Birmingham
- Ashley Gann – CBS42 TV Personality, Birmingham
- Rick Karle – FOX6 TV Personality, Birmingham
- Madison Reeves – 102.5 The Bull Radio Host, Birmingham
- Ryan Brown – WJOX Radio Host, Birmingham
- Matt Murphy – Talk 99.5 Radio Host, Birmingham
- Greg Burgess – 104.7 WZZK The Rick and Bubba Show Radio Host, Birmingham
- Davey Allen – 104.7 WZZK Radio Host, Birmingham
- Cheryl Wray – Alabama Media Group and AL.com Sports Reporter, Birmingham
- Chip Moore –VP and Head of Operations of First Bank of Alabama, Talladega
- Trent Butler – WAFF 48 TV Personality, Huntsville
- Lisa Crane – NBC13 TV Personality, Birmingham
- Guy Rawlings – NBC 13 TV Personality, Birmingham
- Jim Dunaway – CBS & WJOX Radio Host, Birmingham
- Stu McCann – ABC 33/40 TV Personality, Birmingham
Held inside the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series garage area, the Cook-Off will feature unique food, beverages, musical entertainment and the highly anticipated LIVE and silent auctions, which will be featured in the center isle of the garage and will be filled with autographed racing memorabilia, Auburn and Alabama collectibles, outdoor-themed artwork, and much more. Tickets for the Cook-Off are $40 per person or $50 per couple, and kids 15 and under are admitted free. The Cook-Off begins at 4:00 pm (CST).
Families attending the event will be able to sample each wild game dish, which will be a part of three different categories: Fish, Fowl and Game. First, second and third place awards will be presented in each division, as well as a “Best Overall Winner.” That team will be invited to the state finals held in Millbrook, AL, this summer to compete for the title of AWF 2017 Wild Game Cook-Off State Champion.
In addition to the delectable food prepared by some of the best wild game chefs, another highlight of the day will be the chance to take a ride around the world’s biggest and baddest race track in Talladega Superspeedway’s official pace car (tickets for pace car rides are sold separately). While admission to the Cook-Off begins at 4:00 pm, gates open earlier for the pace car rides, which will run from 3:00-4:30 pm. Tickets for the pace car rides are $25 in advance or $40 the day of the event.
“We are excited to continue such a great event where fans and food lovers alike can come out and enjoy Talladega Superspeedway,” said track Chairman Grant Lynch. “We are extremely proud to have so many of our local media friends, who are known throughout our community, to judge the AWF Cook-Off, which provides a little something for everyone.”
To purchase pre-event tickets and pace car rides around the track, families can call the Alabama Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-WILD (9453) or visit their website at www.alabamawildlife.org. Day-of-event tickets will be sold at the track Saturday.
The Alabama Wildlife Federation Wild Game Cook-Off offers a vast array of unique Wild Game food samples to all those who attend plus live music, raffles, door prizes and an auction that covers the entire center area of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Garage.
The Alabama Wildlife Federation, established by sportsmen in 1935, is the state’s oldest and largest citizens’ conservation organization. The mission of the Alabama Wildlife Federation, a 501©3 non-profit group supported by membership dues and donations, is to promote conservation and wise use of Alabama’s wildlife and related natural resources as a basis for economic and social prosperity. To learn more about the Alabama Wildlife Federation, including membership details, programs and projects, visit www.alabamawildlife.org or by phone at 1-800-822-WILD.
- NASCAR Racing Experience at Talladega this Weekend for Final Time in 2019
- Throwback in Modern World, Ryan Blaney Wins Thrilling 1000Bulbs.com 500
- 1000Bulbs.com 500 Postponed Until Monday at 1 p.m.
- Chase Elliott Takes Busch Pole Award for 1000Bulbs.com 500 at Talladega
- Honorary Officials Announced for Talladega’s Doubleheader Playoffs Weekend