Talladega Superspeedway Partners with Local Cal Ripken Baseball League for “Rally With Your Team” Ticket Sales Contest
TALLADEGA, AL – Talladega Superspeedway announced a “Rally With Your Team” ticket sales contest for the Sylacauga (AL) Cal Ripken Baseball League during Opening Day ceremonies Saturday. The team that sells the most tickets to the Aaron’s Dream Weekend (May 2-4) will be recognized in uniform on the Pre-Race stage prior to the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Saturday, May 3.
Located on the start-finish line, the Pre-Race stage is where the starting field for the Aaron’s 312 will be introduced to the fans just minutes before the green flag falls. While the winning team will have the opportunity to walk across the stage, every kid participating in the contest was given a free ticket voucher for the Aaron’s 312 along with a special discounted ticket offer for their parents.
“This is Talladega’s first time partnering with a local youth sporting league, and we hope that it will be a successful program that we can continue to build on in years to come,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Our staff values the opportunity to go out into the community and interact with our future leaders and fans. We look forward to seeing the kids at the Aaron’s 312, and can’t wait to have the winning team that sells the most tickets on stage.”
The track has also planned a post-season party at the 2.66-mile venue for all teams that are able to sell 30 tickets or more. The day will include pace car rides, Victory Lane photo opportunities, and admission into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum for the kids at no cost to the teams.
Talladega Superspeedway has introduced multiple youth initiatives for Aaron’s Dream Weekend that include $50 off all tickets for kids aged 12 and under, a partnership with Junior Achievement of Greater Birmingham and an exclusive Boy Scouts ticket offer that gives the scouts a special campground all to themselves. Talladega Superspeedway prides itself on being a family-friendly destination, with fun to be had for fans of all ages.
NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway in 2014 with the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, which is set for May 2-4. The NASCAR Nationwide Series Aaron’s 312 and the ARCA Racing Series International Motorsports Hall of Fame 200, along with “Knockout, Group Elimination Coors Light Pole Qualifying for the Sprint Cup drivers, will take to the track on Saturday, May 3 while NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series machines take the green flag on Sunday, May 4, for the Aaron’s 499. For ticket information, log onto www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola