Can Dale Jr. Repeat History With a Talladega Superspeedway Triumph?
Daytona 500 and Talladega Win in Same Year? Witness Attempt with Special Ticket Packages
TALLADEGA, AL – Many NASCAR fans are hoping history repeats itself this season for Dale Earnhardt Jr. In 2004 when Dale Jr. claimed the Daytona 500, he went on to win at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track – Talladega Superspeedway – that same year. Dale Jr. won the season-opening Daytona 500 this year, and fans hoping to see a repeat performance at Talladega live and in person have some incredible ticket offers to choose from for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, May 2-4.
These amazing ticket packages include:
- 2-day Grandstand tickets starting at $50.00 (Saturday-Sunday, May 3-4)
- 2-day Tower tickets starting at $100.00 (Saturday-Sunday, May 3-4)
- $50 off regular pricing for Kids 12 and Under in Grandstands & Towers on Sunday, including FREE tickets in the Gadsden & Talladega Grandstands (2-day ticket package sections)
- Kids 12 and Under FREE in all sections on Saturday, May 3
Not only can fans witness Dale Jr.’s attempt at a sixth Talladega Superspeedway Sprint Cup Series win in the Aaron’s 499, but they will also be able to see what is shaping up to be the most exciting Saturday in the history of the 2.66-mile venue.
The International Motorsports Hall of Fame 200 ARCA event will kick off the eventful day at 10 am CT. At 12:10 pm, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers will challenge Talladega for the first time in NASCAR’s all new “Knockout” qualifying, which will feature group, three-round elimination. It’s the most anticipated qualifying of the year. At 2 pm, the NASCAR Nationwide Series will hit the high banks for the Aaron’s 312.
“There is no bigger name associated with Talladega than Earnhardt. This is Earnhardt country,” said track Chairman Grant Lynch. “Dale Jr. has five wins here, and he learned drafting from one of the best ever – his dad Dale Earnhardt Sr., who won here 10 times. We have some great ticket packages, and the racing at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track is unlike anything else fans will ever see or experience.”
Like he did 10 years ago, Dale Jr. showed his talent to start the season at Daytona, which makes him an obvious choice to win at Talladega. Since his last Talladega triumph in 2004, he has recorded 10 top-10 results and five top-five finishes, including a runner-up last fall.
“We really have had a lot of success at Talladega, a lot of great runs,” said Earnhardt. Jr., who also holds the Talladega record for most consecutive wins with four straight (2001-2003). “I always feel confident when we come to Talladega. I think about it as a place where we need to win and we can win. I know what I need to do to win races at Talladega. If I can drive the way I need to drive, I’ll be up front where I’m supposed to be.”
Fans always see many Dale Jr. flags flying high around Talladega during an event weekend. It started with an affinity for Earnhardt Sr., and has since been passed to Earnhardt Jr., who sees all the support from Jr. Nation from behind the wheel.
“You feed off of that so much,” admits Earnhardt Jr., who currently ranks fourth in the Sprint Cup title chase, of his fan support. “You never forget that, just looking up into the grandstands, seeing all those people cheering, so happy, especially when you get the (checkered) flag. You get right up on them, like they are coming through the fence. It’s just incredible, the energy from that side of the fence.”
To be a part of that energy, fans should take advantage of the Talladega’s ticket offers, which also include special pricing for College Students and Military. Call the Talladega ticket office at 1-877-Go-2-DEGA for more information.
With hundreds of acres of FREE camping, brand new Sprint Vision video boards, and the largest infield party in NASCAR for the Saturday Night Infield Concert with country star Randy Houser, there will be no reason to miss out on the BIGGEST event of the year. On the track, thanks to NASCAR’s new Championship format and its emphasis on winning, Talladega’s unpredictability will be amplified this year, with all 43 drivers battling it out to the finish for a chance to make it in the year end Chase for the Sprint Cup.
NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway in 2014 with the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, which is set for May 2-4. The NASCAR Nationwide Series and ARCA Racing Series will take to the track on Saturday, May 3 while NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series machines take the green flag on Sunday, May 4. For ticket information, log onto www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Named Honorary Member of Famed Alabama Gang; Iconic No. 2 Championship Car of Dale Sr. Driven Around Talladega Superspeedway in Day of Historic Proportion
- NASCAR Fanatic? Visit the New, Improved Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway’s Fan Zone During the Double Elimination Race Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23