Talladega Superspeedway Staff Teaches in Birmingham Schools as Part of Local Junior Achievement Program
TALLADEGA, AL – Several Talladega Superspeedway staff members entered Birmingham area elementary schools last week to teach students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
The staff members will be in front of their classes for the next couple of weeks teaching from lessons provided by Junior Achievement of Greater Birmingham, a non-profit group that allows volunteers from the business community to deliver a curriculum while sharing their personal and professional experiences and skills with students.
Talladega Superspeedway is providing volunteers at Rocky Ridge Elementary School, Vestavia Hills Elementary Cahaba Heights and Vincent Elementary School, reaching a total of 645 students in 34 classrooms. As volunteers, Talladega staff are helping students make the connection between what they are learning in school and what they will need to succeed in work and life.
“Our staff has had a wonderful time teaching important lessons to our country’s future leaders,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “It’s crucial for these students to hear firsthand knowledge of the way business works in their community, and we’re happy to be there to give them guidance.”
To promote Talladega’s family-friendly atmosphere, the track has unveiled historic frontstretch ticket prices in 2014 for kids 12 and under. Kids can sit for free in some areas of the grandstands and receive $50 off regular pricing for all other areas of the grandstands.
NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway in 2014 with the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, which is set for May 2-4. The NASCAR Nationwide Series and ARCA Racing Series will take to the track on Saturday, May 3 while NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series machines take the green flag on Sunday, May 4. For ticket information, log onto www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Local Celebrity Judges Named for 12th Annual Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, March 4
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6