Larger High-Definition Video Boards, Kids Free Initiative Highlight Fan Enhancements at Talladega Superspeedway
Fans Attending Aaron’s Dream Weekend, May 2-4, To Get “Must See View” In NASCAR
TALLADEGA, AL – Watching 43 cars pack race three- and four-wide at 200 mph around NASCAR’s biggest and most competitive race track – Talladega Superspeedway – has always been a “Must See” event. But now, thanks to a valuable video enhancement initiative launched by International Speedway Corporation (ISC) for 2014, it’s going to be much easier to take in the view of views in NASCAR, beginning with the Aaron’s Dream Weekend set for May 2-4.
Talladega Superspeedway will serve as a test track for the new ISC program, which will strategically place four large Sprint Vision Digital High-Definition video screens along Talladega’s frontstretch. The new video boards will offer all fans in every grandstand unbelievable views of the incredible content to be projected throughout the event weekend. The screens will almost double the size of former Sprint Vision screens, and the high-definition picture will be crisper, clearer and brighter.
With Talladega leading the way, the multi-phase project plans to implement the video boards at all ISC facilities over the next few years. Initially the screens will be temporarily put into place, allowing facilities to listen to fan feedback to create the best digital experience possible. Eventually, permanent digital board locations will be installed as part of the ongoing phase of the initiative.
“The new Sprint Vision screens will provide a positive experience for all fans in the grandstands, with clear sight lines to every seat in the house – not just a percentage of the stands,” said Grant Lynch, Talladega Superspeedway Chairman. “And, because the boards are so close to our fans, it will be easy for them to see packs of cars three and four wide anywhere on the race track.”
The view will be extra special for kids 12 and under, who will get in free to all grandstands for Saturday’s full day of activity. On Sunday kids receive $50 off the regular price of grandstand seating.
“Kids are our fans of tomorrow, and we want them to be able to see all the action on the track no matter where they sit in the grandstands,” added Lynch. “The new video boards will allow them to experience the race live with the same amenities they have on their big screen at home. And, they can do it for free on Saturday, as well as Sunday in the lower grandstands. There is no better deal for kids in sports than right here at Talladega.”
Saturday, May 3 features two races – the International Motorsports Hall of Fame 200 ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards event and the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race – as well as NASCAR’s new Coors Light Pole Qualifying format for the Sprint Cup Series, which will consist of three elimination rounds of pack racing. The winner of Sunday’s always unpredictable Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race is all but guaranteed a spot in NASCAR’s Chase for the Sprint Cup at the end of the year, as a result of NASCAR’s recent changes to the Chase.
In addition to the new video boards and kids “free” opportunity, other fan-friendly changes at Talladega Superspeedway in 2014 include:
- SMOKE FREE throughout the grandstands; designated smoking areas will be set up under the grandstands and towers.
- Driver Introductions Pit Pass Upgrade; the $50 Pre-Race Pit Pass can now be upgraded to include access to driver introductions for an additional $25.
- Reserved Saturday Grandstands; all grandstand seating will be reserved on Saturday instead of General Admission to allow fans to find their perfect spot ahead of time.
NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway in 2014 with the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, which is set for May 2-4. The NASCAR Nationwide Series will take to the track on Saturday, May 3 while NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series machines take the green flag on Sunday, May 4. For ticket information, log onto www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway