Celebrity Judges a “Who’s Who” for Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway This Saturday, February 8
TALLADEGA, Ala. – The celebrity judges for Saturday’s ninth annual Alabama Wildlife Federation / Alabama Army National Guard Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway reads like a “Who’s Who” of media personalities in central Alabama.
The judges, announced today by NASCAR’s Most Competitive track, will sample delicious recipes from more than 30 unbelievably talented cook-off teams from Alabama, who will be ready to go on Saturday with their grills fired up. And, just who will determine the winning cook team? Some of Alabama’s most well-known media members from radio, TV and Print will be on hand to judge (listed below).
- Greg Burgess, Associate Producer/On Air for The Rick and Bubba Show on WZZK
- Trent Butler, News Anchor CBS42
- Al Ratcliffe, News Reporter CBS42
- Charles Daniel, Morning and Midday Meteorologist ABC 33/40
- Rick Karle, Sports Director & Anchor FOX6 News
- Mike Dubberly, Good Day Alabama FOX 6 Anchor
- Lisa Crane, Morning Anchor at Alabama's 13 News (NBC)
- Jim Dunaway, Host of the Roundtable on WJOX 94.5
- Ryan Brown, Host of the Roundtable on WJOX 94.5
- Erich Hilkert, Sports Writer of Talladega Daily Home
- Mark Edwards, Sports Editor of Anniston Star
Families attending the event will also be able to sample each wild game dish from the cook teams in three different categories: wild game, fowl and seafood. From inside the coveted NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Garage, guests will see the media personalities once the judging has concluded and will have the chance to bid on a host of auction items.
The much anticipated auction (both LIVE and silent) will be featured in the center isle of the garage and will be filled with autographed racing memorabilia, hunting trips with various celebrities, Auburn and Alabama collectibles, outdoor-themed artwork and much more. Tickets for the cook-off are $40 per person or $50 per couple. Gates open at 3 p.m.
One of the day’s biggest highlights will be the chance to ride around Talladega’s mammoth 2.66-mile, 33-degree banked facility in a pace car - available from 3 to 4:30 p.m. The ride will cost $40 the day of the event or $25 if purchased in advance (doesn’t include admission to Cook-off). In addition, every pace car ride purchaser will be entered to win one 6-lap Superspeedway Teaser with the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
To purchase pre-event tickets, pre-order rides around the track or participate as a cook team fans should call the Alabama Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-9453 or visit their website at www.alabamawildlife.org.
The winning team will be invited to the state finals held at Lanark in Millbrook, AL, August 9, to compete for the title of AWF 2014 Wild Game Cook-Off State Champion.
The Alabama Wildlife Federation, established by sportsmen in 1935, is the state’s oldest and largest citizens’ conservation organization. The mission of the Alabama Wildlife Federation, a 501©3 non-profit group supported by membership dues and donations, is to promote conservation and wise use of Alabama’s wildlife and related natural resources as a basis for economic and social prosperity. To learn more about the Alabama Wildlife Federation, including membership details, programs and projects, visit www.alabamawildlife.org or by phone at 1-800-822-WILD.
NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway in 2014 with the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, which is set for May 2-4. The NASCAR Nationwide Series will take to the track on Saturday, May 3 while NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series machines take the green flag on Sunday, May 4. For ticket information, log onto www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Spectacular Races Just Became Even More “Can’t-Miss” as NASCAR Announces Format Changes for 2017
- Talladega Superspeedway Set to Host 12th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off on Saturday, March 4
- Bill Moss, Who Helped Bill France Sr. Put Talladega Superspeedway on the Map, Passes Away at 81
- Advance-Priced Tickets On-Sale Today for Talladega Superspeedway’s Action-Packed Weekend, May 5-7
- Talladega Superspeedway Set to Host The HESCO BONEFROG Challenge on Saturday, March 25, 2017