Talladega Superspeedway Fans Have a Lot to See, Experience and Share in 2014 and Beyond
TALLADEGA, AL – Talladega Superspeedway is proud to announce that in 2014 the track will be outfitted with digital high-definition video screens and improved cellular coverage for the enjoyment of NASCAR’s most loyal fans.
The new track amenities are part of a plan announced today by the track’s parent company International Speedway Corporation to provide race fans with the sport’s first fully-integrated multi-media race day experience across all its motorsports facilities over the next few years.
In addition to the thrilling live on-track racing action found at the biggest and baddest racetrack on the planet, fans will be able to enjoy rich multi-media content directly on their smartphones and on the new high-definition video screens located throughout the racetrack. They will also enjoy enhanced connectivity to instantly share their raceday experience with friends inside and outside the track via Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
“Talladega Superspeedway has always strived to give race fans the finest guest experience in all of motorsports, and the newest enhancements coming to our facility in 2014 and beyond will help us in that goal,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “It’s important that we give our fans the ability to stay connected when they come to our track and provide them with an immersive race day experience that captures the excitement from every angle.”
These enhancements, which began in 2013 and will continue in 2014 and 2015, focus on several key areas:
- Digital High-Definition Video Screens: In 2014, new large high-definition video boards will be installed at Talladega Superspeedway. These video boards will be located throughout the facility to ensure all fans in attendance have a clear view of the screens to enjoy all the great content that it will deliver.
- Unique At-Track Content: ISC has deployed a fully-integrated multi-media content strategy to deliver up-to-the-second live in-race and in-car cameras views, instant race data and other interactive race day content to enhance the live on-track action and provide fans with a race day experience unlike any other in the industry.
- Enhanced Connectivity: Wi-Fi service will be provided in premium camping and fan areas, as well as in high-traffic areas. In addition, ISC is working with American Tower Corporation to provide improved cellular coverage to include 4G connectivity for fans during race weekends. These systems will be rolled out in Talladega Superspeedway in 2014.
NASCAR returns to Talladega Superspeedway in 2014 with the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, which is set for May 2-4. The NASCAR Nationwide Series will take to the track on Saturday, May 3 while NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series machines take the green flag on Sunday, May 4. For ticket information, log onto www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track Offers Spirited Holiday Package for Aaron’s Dream Weekend
- Finalists Named for 2014 International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- Sperry Named Director of Partnership Sales for Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Advisory Network Taking Applications for 2014 Membership
- Talladega Superspeedway Fans Have a Lot to See, Experience and Share in 2014 and Beyond