Taylor Hicks, FAHRENHEIT to Sing National Anthem During Camping World RV Sales 500 Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
TALLADEGA, AL -- Talladega Superspeedway is proud announced that Birmingham (AL) native and National Recording Artist Taylor Hicks, winner of Season 5 of American Idol, will perform the National Anthem prior to Sunday’s Camping World RV Sales 500, the sixth race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship.
Hicks, known for his incredible soulful vocal style, has been a hot commodity ever since winning Season 5 of the popular FOX singing competition, scoring a No. 1 hit single with “Do I Make You Proud.” In addition, he has put out a platinum-selling self-titled album, and has moved out west to perform a long term residency at Paris Las Vegas.
Other accomplishments in his career since winning Idol include penning an autobiography, singing on Broadway in Grease, and performing at the closing night of the 2012 Republican National Convention.
Performing Saturday’s National Anthem for the fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Camping World Truck Series event will be FAHRENHEIT, a vocal group from Huntsville made up of Alabama’s finest firefighters. The group was started in 2008 by Danny Loggins, the chief of the Huntsville Fire – Rescue service, and since that time, FAHRENHEIT has performed at numerous events and functions. The goal of the group is to be an encouragement to those who hear them and provide fire safety education and awareness. The members of the group include Captain Danny McNeal (lead), driver Steve Alverson (baritone), investigator Rusty Gipson (bass), and retired driver Don Cox (tenor).
“We’re very excited about the talent we have lined up to sing the National Anthem during our pre-race ceremonies for both Saturday and Sunday during the Camping World RV Sales 500 weekend,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Taylor Hicks a top-tier, world class performer with roots not far from the track in Birmingham, and FAHRENHEIT hail from Huntsville. It’s great getting to have singers that represent the state of Alabama during our event weekends, and having these performances is a testament to the entertainment our state has to offer.”
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway this weekend for the Camping World RV Sales 500 and the fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Be a part of ‘Dega Nation by checking out www.facebook.com/TalladegaSuperspeedway or on Twitter @TalladegaSuperS.This is more than a race…This is Talladega!
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Two-Round Qualifying Format Returns Saturday to Talladega Superspeedway for The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GEICO 500 & NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Defending NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Looks to Build on Strong Resume at Talladega Superspeedway During This Weekend’s GEICO 500
- Gear Up at the Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore While at Talladega Superspeedway This Weekend