Talladega Superspeedway Featured on ABC’s “The Chew”
TALLADEGA, AL – The world famous Talladega Boulevard - the most coveted piece of real estate in NASCAR, located in Talladega Superspeedway's infield - will be prominently featured on a special primetime episode of “The Chew,” a popular talk show/cooking show that airs on ABC this Saturday, May 25, at 9 pm Eastern.
The episode follows host Mario Batali and NASCAR Sprint Cup Driver Clint Bowyer, a two-time Talladega Sprint Cup Series winner (in the Camping World RV Sales 500), as they tour up and down the Boulevard sampling the delicious dishes NASCAR fans cooked up on their Tailgate Grills during the Aaron's Dream weekend earlier this month.
The footage from Talladega is part of “The Chew”’s Ultimate BBQ Cookout Countdown. During the countdown, the show’s hosts Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz are roving the country searching for the most unforgettable barbecues and cookouts.
The sport of NASCAR is known for its incredible tailgating cuisine, so it was a no-brainer for the show to choose the Talladega infield - in particular Talladega Boulevard - as a destination for some of the best BBQ in the whole country.
Infamous for its wild party atmosphere and occasional drop-ins from NASCAR’s top drivers, the Boulevard also features some of the best cooking and tailgating found in any sport, thanks to the hard work and dedication NASCAR tailgaters put into setting up a home away from home during race weekend.
The Talladega episode of “The Chew” will re-air on Monday, May 27, at 1 pm Eastern on ABC.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 18-20, 2013 for the Camping World RV Sales 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6
- Cars Have Officially Hit the Track at Talladega Superspeedway in Anticipation of the Exciting 2017 Season