Talladega Superspeedway Featured on ABC’s “The Chew”
TALLADEGA, AL – The world famous Talladega Boulevard - the most coveted piece of real estate in NASCAR, located in Talladega Superspeedway's infield - will be prominently featured on a special primetime episode of “The Chew,” a popular talk show/cooking show that airs on ABC this Saturday, May 25, at 9 pm Eastern.
The episode follows host Mario Batali and NASCAR Sprint Cup Driver Clint Bowyer, a two-time Talladega Sprint Cup Series winner (in the Camping World RV Sales 500), as they tour up and down the Boulevard sampling the delicious dishes NASCAR fans cooked up on their Tailgate Grills during the Aaron's Dream weekend earlier this month.
The footage from Talladega is part of “The Chew”’s Ultimate BBQ Cookout Countdown. During the countdown, the show’s hosts Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz are roving the country searching for the most unforgettable barbecues and cookouts.
The sport of NASCAR is known for its incredible tailgating cuisine, so it was a no-brainer for the show to choose the Talladega infield - in particular Talladega Boulevard - as a destination for some of the best BBQ in the whole country.
Infamous for its wild party atmosphere and occasional drop-ins from NASCAR’s top drivers, the Boulevard also features some of the best cooking and tailgating found in any sport, thanks to the hard work and dedication NASCAR tailgaters put into setting up a home away from home during race weekend.
The Talladega episode of “The Chew” will re-air on Monday, May 27, at 1 pm Eastern on ABC.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 18-20, 2013 for the Camping World RV Sales 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Logano Wins Hellmann’s 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, Advances to Round of 8
- Alabama Native Grant Enfinger Earns First Career NASCAR Win in fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes on the Line in fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Hellmann’s 500
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola