Branham Named Director of Public Relations for Talladega Superspeedway, Executive Director of IMHOF
TALLADEGA, Ala. – Russell Branham, well respected for his more than 25 years in the NASCAR industry, was named today as the Director of Public Relations for Talladega Superspeedway. Track chairman Grant Lynch also announced that Branham would serve as the Executive Director of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
Branham, a South Carolina native and 1987 graduate of Francis Marion University (SC), joins the track after spending the last 13 ½ years as NASCAR driver Jeff Burton’s business manager as well as Vice President of HB&M Sports, a marketing agency in Charlotte, NC.
“We are excited to have Russell join our team,” Lynch said. “He brings unmatched expertise and numerous connections throughout NASCAR to Talladega. The fact that he cut his public relations teeth under my late, great friend Jim Hunter at Darlington Raceway brings untold value to our business. We’re excited for him to be with us both at the track and at the Hall of Fame.”
Branham brings a vast amount of experience to his role as Director of PR. He headed the communications effort at Darlington Raceway (SC) from 1989-99, and was actively involved with the track’s Stock Car Museum and National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame.
“It’s an exciting time to join the Talladega family,” said Branham, who will lead all media, community and Public Relations/Communications efforts for the speedway. “I am anxious to get started at a historic venue that is the most competitive in NASCAR, and the most fun-filled for fans. I am just as eager to help showcase the incredible venue that is the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.”
Branham joins Talladega at a busy time, as the track is already gearing up for Aaron’s Dream Weekend starting May 3rd and culminating in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, May 5th. Tickets for the weekend (ARCA 250, Aaron’s 312 and Aaron’s 499) can be purchased online at the track’s website, talladegasuperspeedway.com, or by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015