Branham Named Director of Public Relations for Talladega Superspeedway, Executive Director of IMHOF
TALLADEGA, Ala. – Russell Branham, well respected for his more than 25 years in the NASCAR industry, was named today as the Director of Public Relations for Talladega Superspeedway. Track chairman Grant Lynch also announced that Branham would serve as the Executive Director of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
Branham, a South Carolina native and 1987 graduate of Francis Marion University (SC), joins the track after spending the last 13 ½ years as NASCAR driver Jeff Burton’s business manager as well as Vice President of HB&M Sports, a marketing agency in Charlotte, NC.
“We are excited to have Russell join our team,” Lynch said. “He brings unmatched expertise and numerous connections throughout NASCAR to Talladega. The fact that he cut his public relations teeth under my late, great friend Jim Hunter at Darlington Raceway brings untold value to our business. We’re excited for him to be with us both at the track and at the Hall of Fame.”
Branham brings a vast amount of experience to his role as Director of PR. He headed the communications effort at Darlington Raceway (SC) from 1989-99, and was actively involved with the track’s Stock Car Museum and National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame.
“It’s an exciting time to join the Talladega family,” said Branham, who will lead all media, community and Public Relations/Communications efforts for the speedway. “I am anxious to get started at a historic venue that is the most competitive in NASCAR, and the most fun-filled for fans. I am just as eager to help showcase the incredible venue that is the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.”
Branham joins Talladega at a busy time, as the track is already gearing up for Aaron’s Dream Weekend starting May 3rd and culminating in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, May 5th. Tickets for the weekend (ARCA 250, Aaron’s 312 and Aaron’s 499) can be purchased online at the track’s website, talladegasuperspeedway.com, or by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola