Branham Named Director of Public Relations for Talladega Superspeedway, Executive Director of IMHOF
TALLADEGA, Ala. – Russell Branham, well respected for his more than 25 years in the NASCAR industry, was named today as the Director of Public Relations for Talladega Superspeedway. Track chairman Grant Lynch also announced that Branham would serve as the Executive Director of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
Branham, a South Carolina native and 1987 graduate of Francis Marion University (SC), joins the track after spending the last 13 ½ years as NASCAR driver Jeff Burton’s business manager as well as Vice President of HB&M Sports, a marketing agency in Charlotte, NC.
“We are excited to have Russell join our team,” Lynch said. “He brings unmatched expertise and numerous connections throughout NASCAR to Talladega. The fact that he cut his public relations teeth under my late, great friend Jim Hunter at Darlington Raceway brings untold value to our business. We’re excited for him to be with us both at the track and at the Hall of Fame.”
Branham brings a vast amount of experience to his role as Director of PR. He headed the communications effort at Darlington Raceway (SC) from 1989-99, and was actively involved with the track’s Stock Car Museum and National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame.
“It’s an exciting time to join the Talladega family,” said Branham, who will lead all media, community and Public Relations/Communications efforts for the speedway. “I am anxious to get started at a historic venue that is the most competitive in NASCAR, and the most fun-filled for fans. I am just as eager to help showcase the incredible venue that is the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.”
Branham joins Talladega at a busy time, as the track is already gearing up for Aaron’s Dream Weekend starting May 3rd and culminating in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, May 5th. Tickets for the weekend (ARCA 250, Aaron’s 312 and Aaron’s 499) can be purchased online at the track’s website, talladegasuperspeedway.com, or by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Drivers, Fans Participate in NASCAR’s Biggest Party at Talladega “The Big One on the Blvd” Parade Friday, May 1
- Gordon on Pole for GEICO 500 Sprint Cup Race, Set to be Run Sunday Under Beautiful Blue Skies