Talladega Superspeedway Donates Chicago Style Pizza to the Red Door Kitchen
TALLADEGA, Ala. – When the Crimson Tide bowled over the Fighting Irish in the recent BCS National Championship, Chicagoland Speedway’s President Scott Paddock lost a bet with Talladega Superspeedway’s Chairman Grant Lynch. That bet forced Paddock to buy lunch for the entire Talladega staff—and world famous Chicago-style deep dish pizzas were sent down south.
But instead of taking these pizzas for themselves, the staff of Talladega has graciously decided to donate the delicious pies to the Red Door Kitchen, a soup kitchen in downtown Talladega today at 11 am.
For Scott Paddock, a former basketball player for Notre Dame, it was easy to place his bet on his alma mater. But for Grant Lynch, a diehard Auburn Tigers fan, it wasn’t so easy to bet on a team that he often roots against. But he is proud of the state of Alabama, who with The Crimson Tide’s latest victory has won the last four National Championships.
“I wish it could have been the Auburn Tigers in that game, but I’ll pull for my state in a situation like this,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “But Scott and I are extremely happy to see this friendly wager we made on the BCS National Championship turn into something charitable. We are pleased to see these pizzas go to a worthy cause.”
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Logano Wins Hellmann’s 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, Advances to Round of 8
- Alabama Native Grant Enfinger Earns First Career NASCAR Win in fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes on the Line in fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Hellmann’s 500
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola