Talladega Superspeedway Donates Chicago Style Pizza to the Red Door Kitchen
TALLADEGA, Ala. – When the Crimson Tide bowled over the Fighting Irish in the recent BCS National Championship, Chicagoland Speedway’s President Scott Paddock lost a bet with Talladega Superspeedway’s Chairman Grant Lynch. That bet forced Paddock to buy lunch for the entire Talladega staff—and world famous Chicago-style deep dish pizzas were sent down south.
But instead of taking these pizzas for themselves, the staff of Talladega has graciously decided to donate the delicious pies to the Red Door Kitchen, a soup kitchen in downtown Talladega today at 11 am.
For Scott Paddock, a former basketball player for Notre Dame, it was easy to place his bet on his alma mater. But for Grant Lynch, a diehard Auburn Tigers fan, it wasn’t so easy to bet on a team that he often roots against. But he is proud of the state of Alabama, who with The Crimson Tide’s latest victory has won the last four National Championships.
“I wish it could have been the Auburn Tigers in that game, but I’ll pull for my state in a situation like this,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “But Scott and I are extremely happy to see this friendly wager we made on the BCS National Championship turn into something charitable. We are pleased to see these pizzas go to a worthy cause.”
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway Nominated for USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice “Best NASCAR Track”
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Drivers, Fans Participate in NASCAR’s Biggest Party at Talladega “The Big One on the Blvd” Parade Friday, May 1