Talladega Superspeedway Donates Chicago Style Pizza to the Red Door Kitchen
TALLADEGA, Ala. – When the Crimson Tide bowled over the Fighting Irish in the recent BCS National Championship, Chicagoland Speedway’s President Scott Paddock lost a bet with Talladega Superspeedway’s Chairman Grant Lynch. That bet forced Paddock to buy lunch for the entire Talladega staff—and world famous Chicago-style deep dish pizzas were sent down south.
But instead of taking these pizzas for themselves, the staff of Talladega has graciously decided to donate the delicious pies to the Red Door Kitchen, a soup kitchen in downtown Talladega today at 11 am.
For Scott Paddock, a former basketball player for Notre Dame, it was easy to place his bet on his alma mater. But for Grant Lynch, a diehard Auburn Tigers fan, it wasn’t so easy to bet on a team that he often roots against. But he is proud of the state of Alabama, who with The Crimson Tide’s latest victory has won the last four National Championships.
“I wish it could have been the Auburn Tigers in that game, but I’ll pull for my state in a situation like this,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “But Scott and I are extremely happy to see this friendly wager we made on the BCS National Championship turn into something charitable. We are pleased to see these pizzas go to a worthy cause.”
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Two-Round Qualifying Format Returns Saturday to Talladega Superspeedway for The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GEICO 500 & NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300
- Gear Up at the Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore While at Talladega Superspeedway This Weekend