Wild Game Cook-Off Announces Celebrity Judges
TALLADEGA, Ala. – This year’s Alabama Wildlife Federation / Alabama Army National Guard Wild Game Cook-Off is chock-full of famous local names to judge the unique flavors being cooked up by the competing teams. Guests will be treated to great food, fun times, and fast cars at the eighth annual event set for Saturday, Feb. 16 at Talladega Superspeedway.
An impressive list of local TV and Radio personalities will be on hand to judge the event, including:
- Jamie Boyd, “Jammin’ with Jamie” Weeknight DJ on WZZK
- Michael “Helmsey” Helms and Greg Burgess from The Rick and Bubba Show on WZZK & The Sports Czars on 97.3 The Zone
- Al Ratcliffe from CBS 42 Birmingham
- Charles Daniel from ABC 33/40 Birmingham
- Matt Murphy from 100 WAPI
- J-P Dice from FOX 6 Birmingham
- Lisa Crane from NBC 13 Birmingham
“Our annual Wild Game Cook-Off is going to be even wilder with these celebrity judges,” said Grant Lynch, Talladega Superspeedway Chairman. “Add our silent auction and the opportunity to ride around the track in a pace car, and this is going to be a Saturday at Talladega you won’t want to miss.”
The silent auction is expected to include autographed racing memorabilia and hunting trips with various celebrities, but one of the day’s biggest highlights will be the public’s chance to ride around the racetrack in a pace car, available from 3 to 4:30 p.m. The ride will cost $40 the day of the event or $25 if purchased in advance. In addition, every purchaser will be entered to win one 6-lap Superspeedway Teaser with the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
The cook-off will be located in the track’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage with gates opening at 3 p.m. This year BlackRidge Land Company will serve as the lead sponsor for the event, which aims to help raise funds and awareness for the conservation of Alabama wildlife and natural resources.
Tickets for the cook-off are $40 per person or $50 per couple when purchased prior to the event. To purchase tickets, pre-order rides around the track or participate as a cook team fans should call the Alabama Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-9453 or visit their website at www.alabamawildlife.org.
- NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track Offers Spirited Holiday Package for Aaron’s Dream Weekend
- Finalists Named for 2014 International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- Sperry Named Director of Partnership Sales for Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Advisory Network Taking Applications for 2014 Membership
- Talladega Superspeedway Fans Have a Lot to See, Experience and Share in 2014 and Beyond