Bake A Christmas is December 13
As in years past, the event auctions off gift packages live on the air that pair one-of-a-kind racing memorabilia and Talladega ticket packages with delicious homemade baked goods donated by individuals and businesses in the community. Listeners can place their bids by calling (256) 741-6088. The auction will begin at 7 a.m. and end around 5 p.m.
During the on-air auction, the staff of Talladega Superspeedway will join Thunder in the studio to discuss racing and what the new year will bring for NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track.
When a listener places a bid and wins an item, they are invited to pick up their auction item and baked goods at the station’s Oxford, Ala. office. Those who wish to participate in Bake A Christmas but do not live in the immediate listening area may tune into the station’s broadcast all day via live streaming audio available at www.wtdrthunder.com.
“The Bake A Christmas event has become a holiday tradition for Talladega Superspeedway and WTDR Thunder that’s great for the community,” said track Chairman Grant Lynch. “Bidders get to take home delicious baked goods and Talladega prizes, while local children are given a Christmas experience that they might not have afforded. Everyone wins!”
Items up for auction this year include several levels of access to the 2013 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, set for May 3 – 5. Among these items are:
• Cold Garage Passes for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend
• Tickets to the 2013 Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race
• Tickets to the 2013 Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race
• Tickets to the 2013 ARCA Series 250 race
Additionally there will be autographed checkered flags from all 5 races at Talladega Superspeedway during the 2012 season. Each flag has the signatures of every driver that participated in the race.
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- STATEMENT FROM TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY CHAIRMAN GRANT LYNCH ON SAFETY INITIATIVES
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24
- New Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway To Enhance Fan Retail Experience, Oct. 23-25
- E!’S “THE SOUP” Goes LIVE From Talladega Superspeedway For Special, Hour-Long Episode On Friday, Oct. 23 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT