Bake A Christmas is December 13
As in years past, the event auctions off gift packages live on the air that pair one-of-a-kind racing memorabilia and Talladega ticket packages with delicious homemade baked goods donated by individuals and businesses in the community. Listeners can place their bids by calling (256) 741-6088. The auction will begin at 7 a.m. and end around 5 p.m.
During the on-air auction, the staff of Talladega Superspeedway will join Thunder in the studio to discuss racing and what the new year will bring for NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track.
When a listener places a bid and wins an item, they are invited to pick up their auction item and baked goods at the station’s Oxford, Ala. office. Those who wish to participate in Bake A Christmas but do not live in the immediate listening area may tune into the station’s broadcast all day via live streaming audio available at www.wtdrthunder.com.
“The Bake A Christmas event has become a holiday tradition for Talladega Superspeedway and WTDR Thunder that’s great for the community,” said track Chairman Grant Lynch. “Bidders get to take home delicious baked goods and Talladega prizes, while local children are given a Christmas experience that they might not have afforded. Everyone wins!”
Items up for auction this year include several levels of access to the 2013 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, set for May 3 – 5. Among these items are:
• Cold Garage Passes for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend
• Tickets to the 2013 Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race
• Tickets to the 2013 Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race
• Tickets to the 2013 ARCA Series 250 race
Additionally there will be autographed checkered flags from all 5 races at Talladega Superspeedway during the 2012 season. Each flag has the signatures of every driver that participated in the race.
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Alabama Icons Reunite, Cast a New Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Big, Bold & Tough “Vulcan” Trophy
- How Crowd-Pleasing is the Racing at Talladega Superspeedway? So Much That Fans Representing All 50 States & 20 Countries Are Set to Attend Hellmann’s 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Talladega-Sized Concessions Return With “The Big One" Meatball and The "Talla-Mento Dogwich”
- Spread the Good News! Hellmann’s® Brand Joins Talladega Superspeedway Family for Sunday's Anticipated Hellmann’s 500