2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Test at DEGA a Success
If the testing was indicative of how next year’s racing will go, look for no shortage of excitement. Ricky Stenhouse Jr., who will drive the No. 17 Ford Fusion for Roush Racing next year, said, “It seemed pretty racy out there when we got in the seven-car packs. The two-car tandem could catch the group, then kind of stall out, and a single car could run right there with them.”
Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 5 Chevrolet, agreed with Stenhouse. “We had five or six cars out there, and it was actually pretty dicey and pretty exciting. “
Kahne also liked the appearance of the new car. “I think the cars are unique because they look different. They have a fresh look , and it resembles the manufacturer’s car, which is great for the fans, who ought to be able to go out and buy a similar car.”
Grant Lynch, track Chairman, said the new-car testing was an added bonus for the fans. “It was great having something on Wednesday for the fans,” Lynch said. “Our fans start coming in on Monday, so giving them a peek at the future was one way of rewarding their devotion.”
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 5-7, 2012 for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty!
- “Unrestricted” VIP Package Offers Fans Unmatched Access To Talladega Superspeedway's GEICO 500/ Winn-Dixie 300
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500, May 3
- ARMY National Guard Preforms Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Seven-Mile Foot March
- Celebrity Judges Named for Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway This Saturday, February 7