Kevin James Named Grand Marshal For Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500
James will be at Talladega in support of his latest comedy film Here Comes the Boom, in theaters on Friday, October 12.
As Grand Marshal, James will give the most famous words in motorsports – "Gentlemen, start your engines" – for the fourth race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup on Sunday, Oct. 7 (ESPN, 2 p.m. ET).
“We are excited about having such a high-caliber Hollywood star with us during our race weekend,” said track chairman Grant Lynch. “Kevin James is a hilarious performer with a very impressive career full of movies we all love. Our fans will be thrilled to see him give the drivers’ command before the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500.”
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 5-7, 2012 for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
In the comedy Here Comes the Boom, former college wrestler Scott Voss (Kevin James) is a 42-year-old biology teacher in a failing high school. When cutbacks threaten to cancel the music program and lay off its teacher (Henry Winkler), Scott begins to raise money by moonlighting as a mixed martial arts fighter. Everyone thinks Scott is crazy – most of all the school nurse, Bella (Salma Hayek). But in his quest, as Scott becomes more and more committed to fighting for the students, he becomes a sensation that rallies the entire school. The film is directed by Frank Coraci. Written by Allan Loeb & Kevin James. Produced by Todd Garner and Kevin James.
- Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty!
- “Unrestricted” VIP Package Offers Fans Unmatched Access To Talladega Superspeedway's GEICO 500/ Winn-Dixie 300
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500, May 3
- ARMY National Guard Preforms Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Seven-Mile Foot March
- Celebrity Judges Named for Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway This Saturday, February 7