Keselowski Takes Dover, Points Lead and Momentum Into Talladega
It’s been five years since a driver swept the spring and fall races at Talladega Superspeedway (Jeff Gordon - 2007) but Keselowski is poised to do just that as his team is riding high coming off wins in two of the first three Chase races.
“The last 12 or 13 weeks our cars have been really strong and getting stronger,” said Keselowski. “I’m going to focus on Talladega, it’s only seven days away.”
The wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup has been a strong track for Keselowski who has two wins in only seven NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at ‘DEGA. He boasts five top-10 finishes and only twice has finished outside the top-20. By comparison Jimmie Johnson, currently second place in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings, has only three top-10 finishes and four finishes outside the top-25 at Talladega in that same timeframe.
Could Keselowski pull away from “five-time” with a win at Talladega? Or will the “big one” shuffle the standings? Race fans will have to be here to find out. The local forecast predicts great weather for a weekend of racing at Talladega Superspeedway.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 5-7, 2012 for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Talladega Superspeedway Set to Host 12th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off on Saturday, March 4
- Bill Moss, Who Helped Bill France Sr. Put Talladega Superspeedway on the Map, Passes Away at 81
- Advance-Priced Tickets On-Sale Today for Talladega Superspeedway’s Action-Packed Weekend, May 5-7
- Talladega Superspeedway Set to Host The HESCO BONEFROG Challenge on Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Logano Wins Hellmann’s 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, Advances to Round of 8