Keselowski Takes Dover, Points Lead and Momentum Into Talladega
It’s been five years since a driver swept the spring and fall races at Talladega Superspeedway (Jeff Gordon - 2007) but Keselowski is poised to do just that as his team is riding high coming off wins in two of the first three Chase races.
“The last 12 or 13 weeks our cars have been really strong and getting stronger,” said Keselowski. “I’m going to focus on Talladega, it’s only seven days away.”
The wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup has been a strong track for Keselowski who has two wins in only seven NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at ‘DEGA. He boasts five top-10 finishes and only twice has finished outside the top-20. By comparison Jimmie Johnson, currently second place in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings, has only three top-10 finishes and four finishes outside the top-25 at Talladega in that same timeframe.
Could Keselowski pull away from “five-time” with a win at Talladega? Or will the “big one” shuffle the standings? Race fans will have to be here to find out. The local forecast predicts great weather for a weekend of racing at Talladega Superspeedway.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 5-7, 2012 for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- General Tire Partners with Talladega Superspeedway for the General Tire 200 ARCA Race Set For Friday, April 29
- NASCAR Introduces New “Overtime” Procedure for 2016, Features “Overtime Line”
- Talladega Superspeedway Announces 2016 Broadcast Schedule for NASCAR Weekends
- Talladega Superspeedway Hosts 11th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Saturday, Feb. 27
- Advanced Price Ticket Offers Start Friday, January 15th for Talladega Superspeedway's April 29-May 1 Weekend Featuring the GEICO 500