Keselowski Takes Dover, Points Lead and Momentum Into Talladega
It’s been five years since a driver swept the spring and fall races at Talladega Superspeedway (Jeff Gordon - 2007) but Keselowski is poised to do just that as his team is riding high coming off wins in two of the first three Chase races.
“The last 12 or 13 weeks our cars have been really strong and getting stronger,” said Keselowski. “I’m going to focus on Talladega, it’s only seven days away.”
The wild card in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup has been a strong track for Keselowski who has two wins in only seven NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at ‘DEGA. He boasts five top-10 finishes and only twice has finished outside the top-20. By comparison Jimmie Johnson, currently second place in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings, has only three top-10 finishes and four finishes outside the top-25 at Talladega in that same timeframe.
Could Keselowski pull away from “five-time” with a win at Talladega? Or will the “big one” shuffle the standings? Race fans will have to be here to find out. The local forecast predicts great weather for a weekend of racing at Talladega Superspeedway.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 5-7, 2012 for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend
- The “Wow Factor” of the X Games Coming to Talladega Superspeedway with ASA Action Sports World Tour, Oct. 18-19
- The Chase Is On! Superhero Logano Visits Alabama As Part Of NASCAR’s “Chase Across North America;” Readies For Talladega