Fan Fest and Hauler Parade Set For Thursday, Oct. 4
“We’re excited to see so many teams committed to participating in this year’s hauler parade,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Being able to auction off rides to the track to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation is an added bonus that we’re excited to offer.”
The fan fest will kick off with live broadcasts and appearances by Birmingham radio and TV personalities, including: Lance Taylor from The Roundtable on WJOX and Greg Burgess from The Rick and Bubba Show and The Sports Czars on WZZK.
Jamie McMurray’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series hauler will be open from 3:30 to 5:30 for fans to take a sneak peek at the gear a team transports week after week.
The highlight of the night will be the silent auction to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Fans will bid on the opportunity to ride in an actual race hauler as they take the trip from Bass Pro Shops to Talladega Superspeedway. The haulers will make their way to the track at approximately 5:30 p.m.
*Certain restrictions apply for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Haulers participating in the fundraising opportunity, so fans should ask for more information regarding specific haulers at the event.
After the haulers leave for Talladega Superspeedway, the fun doesn’t end. Tony Stewart, Ty Dillon and Jamie McMurray are scheduled to host an autograph signing at Bass Pro Shops at 6 p.m.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 5-7, 2012 for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Beautiful Weekend of Weather Expected at Talladega Superspeedway for GEICO 500, Winn-Dixie 300 & ARCA Event This Weekend, May 1-3
- The Biggest Meatball in Racing Meets the Biggest Track in NASCAR
- Veterans Sadler, Smith Hope to Fend Off XFINITY Series Young Guns in Hopes of another Talladega Superspeedway Winn-Dixie 300 Win
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Back Forty Beer Co. Paddock Club Offers Prime Location, Amenities to Winn-Dixie 300
- Grand Marshal, Honorary Starter Named for Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega