Fan Fest and Hauler Parade Set For Thursday, Oct. 4
“We’re excited to see so many teams committed to participating in this year’s hauler parade,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Being able to auction off rides to the track to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation is an added bonus that we’re excited to offer.”
The fan fest will kick off with live broadcasts and appearances by Birmingham radio and TV personalities, including: Lance Taylor from The Roundtable on WJOX and Greg Burgess from The Rick and Bubba Show and The Sports Czars on WZZK.
Jamie McMurray’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series hauler will be open from 3:30 to 5:30 for fans to take a sneak peek at the gear a team transports week after week.
The highlight of the night will be the silent auction to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Fans will bid on the opportunity to ride in an actual race hauler as they take the trip from Bass Pro Shops to Talladega Superspeedway. The haulers will make their way to the track at approximately 5:30 p.m.
*Certain restrictions apply for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Haulers participating in the fundraising opportunity, so fans should ask for more information regarding specific haulers at the event.
After the haulers leave for Talladega Superspeedway, the fun doesn’t end. Tony Stewart, Ty Dillon and Jamie McMurray are scheduled to host an autograph signing at Bass Pro Shops at 6 p.m.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 5-7, 2012 for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Logano Wins Hellmann’s 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, Advances to Round of 8
- Alabama Native Grant Enfinger Earns First Career NASCAR Win in fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes on the Line in fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Hellmann’s 500
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola