Laps for Life Blood Drive is Sept. 11
To register online, go to www.redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor code TALLADEGA. Follow instructions on the web site to complete registration. All preregistered donors will receive a Talladega Superspeedway hat.
The credential will be issued at Pit Stop 1, “Draw For Qualifying” where participants will register to have blood drawn for donation, thus qualifying them for the rest of the adventure. There, they also will receive a ticket qualifying them for spectacular door prizes.
After presenting to give blood, participants will move on to Pit Stop 2, “Souvenir Row,” where they’ll receive a goody bag filled with special items to commemorate the occasion.
From there, they’ll move to Pit Stop 3, “Driver’s Meeting,” to learn more about the history of motorsports by taking a free tour of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum.
After the tour, participants will venture outside to board a tour bus and be transported on a track tour of the famous Talladega Superspeedway. The tour will lead them to Pit Stop 4, “Type Testing.” Here, guests will be given the opportunity to have their photos taken in Gatorade Victory lane if they bring their camera.
Participants will return to the Hall of Fame for Pit Stop 5, “The Donor Diner,” where they will enjoy treats provided by Talladega Superspeedway sponsors.
Talladega Superspeedway Laps For Life: A Blood Drive For Alabama, began in 2006 as part of a nationwide effort among multiple tracks.
The American Red Cross, Blood Services, Alabama and Central Gulf Coast Region , which supplies blood to approximately 100 hospitals, needs 600 blood donors each day in order to meet the needs of patients in the region. Blood donors must be at least 17 years old (16 with parental consent) and weigh at least 110 pounds. Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment to donate blood or platelets.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Drivers, Fans Participate in NASCAR’s Biggest Party at Talladega “The Big One on the Blvd” Parade Friday, May 1
- Gordon on Pole for GEICO 500 Sprint Cup Race, Set to be Run Sunday Under Beautiful Blue Skies