Laps for Life Blood Drive is Sept. 11
To register online, go to www.redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor code TALLADEGA. Follow instructions on the web site to complete registration. All preregistered donors will receive a Talladega Superspeedway hat.
The credential will be issued at Pit Stop 1, “Draw For Qualifying” where participants will register to have blood drawn for donation, thus qualifying them for the rest of the adventure. There, they also will receive a ticket qualifying them for spectacular door prizes.
After presenting to give blood, participants will move on to Pit Stop 2, “Souvenir Row,” where they’ll receive a goody bag filled with special items to commemorate the occasion.
From there, they’ll move to Pit Stop 3, “Driver’s Meeting,” to learn more about the history of motorsports by taking a free tour of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum.
After the tour, participants will venture outside to board a tour bus and be transported on a track tour of the famous Talladega Superspeedway. The tour will lead them to Pit Stop 4, “Type Testing.” Here, guests will be given the opportunity to have their photos taken in Gatorade Victory lane if they bring their camera.
Participants will return to the Hall of Fame for Pit Stop 5, “The Donor Diner,” where they will enjoy treats provided by Talladega Superspeedway sponsors.
Talladega Superspeedway Laps For Life: A Blood Drive For Alabama, began in 2006 as part of a nationwide effort among multiple tracks.
The American Red Cross, Blood Services, Alabama and Central Gulf Coast Region , which supplies blood to approximately 100 hospitals, needs 600 blood donors each day in order to meet the needs of patients in the region. Blood donors must be at least 17 years old (16 with parental consent) and weigh at least 110 pounds. Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment to donate blood or platelets.
- Surprises Are Plenty as Talladega Superspeedway Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Visits College Football Hall of Fame
- Talladega Superspeedway, Chevrolet Set To Look Pretty In Pink To Benefit The American Cancer Society
- Exciting Events, Driver Fun Will Again Make Talladega Superspeedway's 'The Big One on the Blvd' NASCAR'S Biggest Party
- Tim Dugger to Perform Opening Set for Talladega Superspeedway Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 24
- Earnhardt Jr. Can Earn Unique Place in NASCAR History by Winning the CampingWorld.com 500 at Talladega Superspeedway