Drive DEGA On August 18
Race fans, start your engines! On August 18, anyone who purchased a ticket for the 2012 Aaron’s 499 or the upcoming October 7th Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 at Talladega Superspeedway has the opportunity to drive their vehicle on the world famous 2.66 mile racetrack.
NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track, with its high 33-degree banking, has always been a sight to behold from the grandstands or the infield, but viewing the track while driving on the same asphalt as racing legends is an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
To receive a voucher to drive ‘DEGA fans should log on to www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/FanDay or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
This opportunity is a part of Talladega Superspeedway’s 2012 Fan Appreciation Day, and is a way for the track and all of its employees to say ‘thank you’ to the fans that make the commitment to attend races each and every year. Also included in the festivities will be a concert by Curb Records recording artist Tim Dugger, who gave a dynamic performance during the Aaron’s Dream Weekend earlier this year. The hours for Fan Appreciation Day are 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. on August 18.
“We are delighted to open the track for Fan Appreciation Day,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “It is a privilege for us to continue to give back to the devoted fans that support us every season. Having the opportunity to share this day with our ‘DEGA family is also a great way to get fired up for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500, October 5-7.”
There are few rules that must be observed before taking to the track:
- All track rides will be paced at highway speed by Talladega Superspeedway staff.
- No Motorcycles, tractor trailers, recreational vehicles or vehicles deemed unsafe may be used for track rides.
- All vehicles must have a valid license plate and all drivers must have a valid driver’s license. Drivers must be 19 years of age or older.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway October 5-7, 2012 for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 500 Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway