Rodney Atkins to Perform Infield Concert
Talladega Superspeedway is proud to announce that country superstar Rodney Atkins will perform a Saturday night infield concert on May 5 during the 2012 Aaron’s Dream Weekend. All fans with either an Aaron’s 499 race ticket or infield admission can catch the Platinum-selling singer/songwriter’s performance. Come celebrate the world’s largest Cinco de Mayo party with one of the biggest country music artists in the world at the biggest track in NASCAR.
Atkins, whose songs include No. 1 smash hit “Take A Back Road,” “If You’re Going Through Hell,” “Farmer’s Daughter,” and “He’s Mine,” will undoubtedly bring the party with his blend of honest songwriting and country boy charm coupled with the raw, live energy of his backing band. Coming off the release of his latest album for Curb Records, Take a Back Road, Atkins and his edgy country sounds will be the perfect backdrop for the best party atmosphere in all of motorsports and the second to none racing action at NASCAR’s most competitive track.
“We are extremely excited to add to the overall event experience at Talladega Superspeedway by providing entertainment to our fans on Saturday night,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Rodney Atkins is an impressive live performer and top-tier country artist. His concert is a great addition to what will definitely be a memorable weekend here at Talladega Superspeedway.”
To gain entry to the Saturday night concert, fans must present a ticket for the Sunday race or have an infield admission. The stage will be located near the intersection of Talladega and Eastaboga Boulevards in the infield. The concert will begin at 7:30pm and include an opening act to be announced soon.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway May 4-6, 2012 for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend. For tickets and information visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Local Celebrity Judges Named for 12th Annual Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, March 4
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6