Bake A Christmas is December 14
Talladega Superspeedway and WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM have partnered for Bake A Christmas 2011, the annual radio auction and fundraiser for area children in need. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, December 14. The live auction is a great way to show support for families in the local community this holiday season. All proceeds from the fundraiser go to purchase gifts for children who otherwise would not have a Christmas at all.
Throughout the day, members of the Thunder 92.7 FM and Talladega Superspeedway staff take over the airwaves to auction unique racing memorabilia and experiences paired with delicious baked goods donated by individuals and businesses in the community. The auction begins at
7 a.m. and ends at approximately 6 p.m.
The highest bidder of an item is invited to pick up their auction item and baked goods at the station’s Oxford, Ala. office. If individuals or businesses do not live in the immediate listening area but wish to participate in Bake A Christmas 2011, they may tune into the station’s broadcast all day via live streaming audio available at http://streamdb1web.securenetsystems.net/radio_player_large.cfm?stationCallSign=WTDR&relocateURL=true . Bids can be made toll-free nationwide by calling 1-800-709-9270.
This is the 15th year Talladega Superspeedway and Thunder 92.7 have had the opportunity to be involved with Bake A Christmas and the many blessings that come from the event.
Items up for auction this year include several levels of access to the 2012 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, set for May 4 – 6. Among these items are:
· Tickets to the 2012 Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race
· Tickets to the 2012 Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race
· Tickets to the 2012 ARCA Racing Series 250 race
Numerous drivers have autographed memorabilia for Bake A Christmas, including:
· Tony Stewart
· Kevin Harvick
· Brad Keselowski
· Clint Bowyer
· Kyle Busch
· Kurt Busch
· Jimmie Johnson
· Greg Biffle
· Jamie McMurray
· Ricky Carmichael and many more
Additionally, many race teams have come on board in recent years to make direct merchandise donations to Bake A Christmas, such as Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, Hendrick Motorsports, Penske Racing, Roush-Fenway Racing, Richard Childress Racing and others.
Other items up for auction include collectible diecasts, race hats, commemorative prints and posters, racing apparel and race souvenirs, various items and services donated by local businesses and unique donations of racing memorabilia and baked goods from WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM listeners.
The most competitive racing in NASCAR combined with a mix of southern hospitality returns to Talladega Superspeedway May 4-6, 2012 for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- The Biggest Meatball in Racing Meets the Biggest Track in NASCAR
- Veterans Sadler, Smith Hope to Fend Off XFINITY Series Young Guns in Hopes of another Talladega Superspeedway Winn-Dixie 300 Win
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Back Forty Beer Co. Paddock Club Offers Prime Location, Amenities to Winn-Dixie 300
- Grand Marshal, Honorary Starter Named for Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Bill Elliott Relives History of NASCAR’s Greatest, Improbable Comeback Victory - 1985 Winston 500 at Talladega Superspeedway