Tower Renovations Planned for Talladega Superspeedway
At Talladega Superspeedway, size matters. NASCAR's longest track has the longest frontstretch grandstand, sits on the largest property with the largest free campgrounds, and has the steepest banking of any NASCAR track. Talladega races have more lead changes and passes than any other track, and NASCAR's fastest 500-mile race ever was run on the track's storied acres of asphalt.
It's only fitting that a track brimming with big numbers would offer big numbers to its fans, and that's exactly what Talladega Superspeedway is doing. By the time the Aaron's Dream Weekend returns to Talladega in May 2012, all the existing seats in the Tri-Oval and OV Hill South Towers will have been replaced with wider, more comfortable, 22-inch-wide, chairback seats with drip shields.
Grant Lynch, chairman of Talladega Superspeedway, said, “Talladega Superspeedway has always focused on providing the biggest, fastest, most memorable experience possible for the fans. Size matters when it comes to the best racing, and size matters when it comes to sitting back and comfortably enjoying that racing. These new seats will make coming to Talladega an even more enjoyable experience.”
These conversions are Phase 2 of a four-phase renovation. All the lower grandstand seats were converted in Phase 1, which is already complete. Seats in the Talladega, Moss-Thornton, Birmingham, OV Hill North and Anniston towers will be converted in Phase 3. Remaining seats in the Talladega, Lincoln and Gadsden towers will be converted in Phase 4.
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com .
- Drive a Little, Save a Lot with Hotel Rooms Booked Through DEGARooms.com for Talladega Superspeedway Events, Oct. 23-25
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers to Meet Young Race Fans at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, Oct. 24
- The Biggest Meatball In Racing On The Menu Again At Talladega Superspeedway
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. First Driver Named for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pre-Race Question & Answer Session Sunday, Oct. 25
- TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY’S “UNRESTRICTED” VIP PACKAGE OFFERS UNMATCHED ACCESS FOR WEEKEND FEATURING FINAL RACE OF CONTENDER ROUND FOR CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP