Talladega Superspeedway Saluting the Troops with Patriotic Pre-race
NASCAR races have long paid tribute to American service members with patriotic flyovers and national anthem performances. Race fans attending the Oct. 23rd Good Sam Club 500 at Talladega Superspeedway will see that tribute taken a step further with a host of military tributes during pre-race ceremonies.
• World War II military vehicle parade lap
• 30 minute pre-race concert performed by the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus
• Parachute jump performed by the All-American Freefall Team
• Presentation of the nation’s colors by the Alabama Army National Guard Color Guard
• Performance of the national anthem by the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus
• Flyover by two F-22 Raptors from the 325th Fighter Wing, 43rd Fighter Squadron out of Tyndall Air Force Base.
• Semi-truck parade lap presenting the American flag during the national anthem
“The men and women serving in the military are the ones that give us the freedoms to host events such as NASCAR races,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “We appreciate all that they do for us and look forward to welcoming them to Talladega Superspeedway.”
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway Nominated for USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice “Best NASCAR Track”
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Drivers, Fans Participate in NASCAR’s Biggest Party at Talladega “The Big One on the Blvd” Parade Friday, May 1