Talladega Superspeedway Saluting the Troops with Patriotic Pre-race
NASCAR races have long paid tribute to American service members with patriotic flyovers and national anthem performances. Race fans attending the Oct. 23rd Good Sam Club 500 at Talladega Superspeedway will see that tribute taken a step further with a host of military tributes during pre-race ceremonies.
• World War II military vehicle parade lap
• 30 minute pre-race concert performed by the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus
• Parachute jump performed by the All-American Freefall Team
• Presentation of the nation’s colors by the Alabama Army National Guard Color Guard
• Performance of the national anthem by the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus
• Flyover by two F-22 Raptors from the 325th Fighter Wing, 43rd Fighter Squadron out of Tyndall Air Force Base.
• Semi-truck parade lap presenting the American flag during the national anthem
“The men and women serving in the military are the ones that give us the freedoms to host events such as NASCAR races,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “We appreciate all that they do for us and look forward to welcoming them to Talladega Superspeedway.”
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500, May 3
- ARMY National Guard Preforms Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Seven-Mile Foot March
- Celebrity Judges Named for Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway This Saturday, February 7
- GEICO 500 Gets the Green Flag on Sunday, May 3
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7