Talladega Superspeedway Saluting the Troops with Patriotic Pre-race
NASCAR races have long paid tribute to American service members with patriotic flyovers and national anthem performances. Race fans attending the Oct. 23rd Good Sam Club 500 at Talladega Superspeedway will see that tribute taken a step further with a host of military tributes during pre-race ceremonies.
• World War II military vehicle parade lap
• 30 minute pre-race concert performed by the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus
• Parachute jump performed by the All-American Freefall Team
• Presentation of the nation’s colors by the Alabama Army National Guard Color Guard
• Performance of the national anthem by the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus
• Flyover by two F-22 Raptors from the 325th Fighter Wing, 43rd Fighter Squadron out of Tyndall Air Force Base.
• Semi-truck parade lap presenting the American flag during the national anthem
“The men and women serving in the military are the ones that give us the freedoms to host events such as NASCAR races,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “We appreciate all that they do for us and look forward to welcoming them to Talladega Superspeedway.”
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class
- Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway Outcompetes All 2014 NASCAR Weekends