Alabama Legislature Names Sunday Don Naman Day
The Alabama Legislature and Talladega County Commission have proclaimed Oct. 23 to be Don Naman Day in honor of Talladega Superspeedway’s first general manager. Naman passed away in July at the age of 76.
“Don was a major factor in growing Talladega Superspeedway and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame into the magnificent facilities they are today,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “We are all honored that the legislature and county commission would recognize Don with his own day during race weekend. I know this would make him proud.”
Naman joined Talladega Superspeedway in 1970. He served as general manager for 18 years before transitioning to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum. He served as executive director at the Hall of Fame for an additional 12 years before retiring.
Naman is survived by daughter Sharon, sons Donald, Kevin and Joseph, sister Grace and grandchildren Taylor, Erin, Ryan, Ross and Justin.
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Advanced Price Tickets To Aaron’s Dream Weekend On Sale Today; Savings Include $10 Off Regular Pricing Plus Kids Free Options
- "4 Wide" Notes: Daytona 500 Edition
- Save Big with Advanced Price, Kids Tickets to Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway—On Sale Monday, Feb. 24
- Larger High-Definition Video Boards, Kids Free Initiative Highlight Fan Enhancements at Talladega Superspeedway
- Trevor Bayne Headlines Trio Test at Talladega Superspeedway