Alabama Legislature Names Sunday Don Naman Day
The Alabama Legislature and Talladega County Commission have proclaimed Oct. 23 to be Don Naman Day in honor of Talladega Superspeedway’s first general manager. Naman passed away in July at the age of 76.
“Don was a major factor in growing Talladega Superspeedway and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame into the magnificent facilities they are today,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “We are all honored that the legislature and county commission would recognize Don with his own day during race weekend. I know this would make him proud.”
Naman joined Talladega Superspeedway in 1970. He served as general manager for 18 years before transitioning to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum. He served as executive director at the Hall of Fame for an additional 12 years before retiring.
Naman is survived by daughter Sharon, sons Donald, Kevin and Joseph, sister Grace and grandchildren Taylor, Erin, Ryan, Ross and Justin.
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track Offers Spirited Holiday Package for Aaron’s Dream Weekend
- Finalists Named for 2014 International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- Sperry Named Director of Partnership Sales for Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Advisory Network Taking Applications for 2014 Membership
- Talladega Superspeedway Fans Have a Lot to See, Experience and Share in 2014 and Beyond