Talladega Plans Return Traditional May Weekend for 2012
Talladega Superspeedway announced today that the 2012 Aaron’s Dream Weekend returns to a traditional place on the calendar; May 4-6. The 2012 Talladega 500 Weekend also moves up on the calendar to October 5-7.
Talladega historically held a race in May from 1971 through 1994. The shift in dates should bring a favorable change in the weather that has affected the past two spring weekends at Talladega Superspeedway. May historically is a drier and less stormy month than April in Alabama.
“We approached NASCAR about changing the date of the Aaron’s Dream Weekend and have been extremely pleased with their cooperation and flexibility,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “May is a great month to visit Alabama and we look forward to welcoming all our race fans. As one of the most historical tracks in NASCAR, it’s great to see another tradition return to Talladega.”
Race fans don’t have to wait until 2012 to experience the excitement of a Talladega race weekend. True southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR awaits race fans during the Oct. 21 -23 Talladega 500 Weekend. For tickets, call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are also available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Thomas Rhett to Perform Saturday Night Infield Concert at Talladega Superspeedway during GEICO 500 Weekend
- "Ultimate Viewing Experience Ticket Package" at Talladega Superspeedway Offers Fans Tri-Oval Tower Tickets with FanVision
- New Talladega Superspeedway Themed “Talladega Grille” at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth Airport to Be Unveiled Thursday
- Laps for Life Blood Drive Set for Sept. 11 at Talladega Superspeedway, International Motorsports Hall of Fame