Talladega Plans Return Traditional May Weekend for 2012
Talladega Superspeedway announced today that the 2012 Aaron’s Dream Weekend returns to a traditional place on the calendar; May 4-6. The 2012 Talladega 500 Weekend also moves up on the calendar to October 5-7.
Talladega historically held a race in May from 1971 through 1994. The shift in dates should bring a favorable change in the weather that has affected the past two spring weekends at Talladega Superspeedway. May historically is a drier and less stormy month than April in Alabama.
“We approached NASCAR about changing the date of the Aaron’s Dream Weekend and have been extremely pleased with their cooperation and flexibility,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “May is a great month to visit Alabama and we look forward to welcoming all our race fans. As one of the most historical tracks in NASCAR, it’s great to see another tradition return to Talladega.”
Race fans don’t have to wait until 2012 to experience the excitement of a Talladega race weekend. True southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR awaits race fans during the Oct. 21 -23 Talladega 500 Weekend. For tickets, call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in advance have the opportunity to save over those who purchase during race week. Tickets are also available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Talladega Superspeedway Set to Host 12th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off on Saturday, March 4
- Bill Moss, Who Helped Bill France Sr. Put Talladega Superspeedway on the Map, Passes Away at 81
- Advance-Priced Tickets On-Sale Today for Talladega Superspeedway’s Action-Packed Weekend, May 5-7
- Talladega Superspeedway Set to Host The HESCO BONEFROG Challenge on Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Logano Wins Hellmann’s 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, Advances to Round of 8