DEGA Is Ready For Racing
Perhaps there’s something to be said for having more than 40 years of experience hosting NASCAR’s premier series.
Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch wants to assure race fans that his staff is well prepared to handle the influx of more than 100,000 people when the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series arrives for the Oct 21-23 Talladega 500 weekend.
“I wanted to let them know that we’re ready to show how a race weekend is supposed to run,” said Lynch. “We put fan experience at the forefront of everything we do. That’s why we allow coolers in our grandstands and provide hundreds of acres of free camping. It’s why we created a $49 two-day ticket and allow kids 12 and under to sit free in the Allison Grandstands on Saturday and Sunday. It’s also why we work closely with the Alabama State Troopers and other organizations to ensure our fans arrive on time to see the race.”
In addition to being fan focused, Talladega also produces the most competitive racing in NASCAR.
“You know when you come to Talladega Superspeedway you’re going to get a show,” Lynch continued. “This has been one of the most competitive years ever in NASCAR and Talladega Superspeedway still stands alone as the most competitive track on the circuit.”
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in July have the opportunity to save up to $20 more than those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend
- The “Wow Factor” of the X Games Coming to Talladega Superspeedway with ASA Action Sports World Tour, Oct. 18-19
- The Chase Is On! Superhero Logano Visits Alabama As Part Of NASCAR’s “Chase Across North America;” Readies For Talladega