Talladega Superspeedway Welcomes Polk’s Meat Products as Pole Award Sponsor
Talladega Superspeedway officials announced today that Polk’s has been named the pole award sponsor for the upcoming Coca-Cola 250 Powered By fred’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. The multi-year agreement will include sponsorship of the pole award for both NASCAR races during the spring Aaron’s Dream Weekend as well.
“We’re excited to introduce our race fans to all the fine quality Polk’s products,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Whether it’s tailgating with a smoked breakfast sausage or grilling a heap of Cajun smoked sausages on Talladega Boulevard, when race fans pick Polk’s they can know they’re picking a winner.”
“We are looking for big things to happen with the new relationship between Polk's Meat and Talladega,” said VP and General Manager Julie Breazeale. “We tested the waters when we recently sponsored our first car in the Aaron's 312. Once we saw what a following there is at Talladega, we knew we could not pass on the opportunity to connect the racing family with our family, Polk's.”
Race fans that want to experience true southern hospitality combined with the most competitive racing in NASCAR should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office today at 1-877-Go2-DEGA. Guests that purchase their tickets in July have the opportunity to save up to $20 more than those who purchase during race week. Tickets are available online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
As a young boy, John Polk watched his parents transform what started as a retirement project of preparing hickory smoked ham into a successful business. John saw the value and potential in what his parents had started, so in 1974 he bought the company. He took the same delicious smoked flavor in the ham and added different styles of smoked sausage and chicken to the product line. The company has grown ever since. With John's recipe for success and his parent's secret recipe for hickory smoked flavor, Polk's continues to produce more of the down-home taste even the pickiest folks around here have grown to love.
In April of 1998 Hickory Hollow Farms was purchased along with the Magnolia Brand label. The business grew tremendously, which led to a much needed expansion in May of 2000. The Prentiss plant and Hickory Hollow Farms plant were both closed and a new state-of-the-art facility was built in Magee, Mississippi. This led to an increase of five times the production of the other two combined. Today, Polk's offers the finest in sausage and ham for retail and food service. Here at Polk's, special items and special packs are our specialty.
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway
- Fans Representing 17 Countries, 49 States Set to Attend GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300 and General Tire 200 This Upcoming Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway