NASCAR Foundation To Aid In Relief Efforts For Storm Ravaged Southern States
Talladega Superspeedway and The NASCAR Foundation are partnering to raise additional funds for storm ravaged areas throughout the Southeast. Through WWW.NASCAR.COM/Unites, The NASCAR Foundation will raise funds through donations of $5 for NASCAR Unites wristbands and through an online auction of a Dale Earnhardt, Jr. autographed helmet and exclusive race track experiences.
“In trying times the NASCAR community always pulls together,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Several of our racing communities in Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia have been impacted by these devastating storms and it’s great that The NASCAR Foundation has seen the need and jumped in to help.”
“Our hearts go out to those affected by the recent disasters in the South. Through NASCAR Unites we will offer a way for fans and the industry to come together to raise funds and volunteer to help support the relief efforts. We are grateful for Talladega Superspeedway’s leadership and quick response to the immediate needs of their community,” said Sandy Marshall, Executive Director of The NASCAR Foundation.
Race fans can find out more about the online auction and ways they can help the relief efforts by visiting http://foundation.nascar.com/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1426.
Auction Items Collected To Date:
• Michigan International Speedway Package: Champions Club tickets for the weekend, Pace Car ride for 2 on Sunday morning of race weekend, 2 pit passes, 2 Hot Garage passes, 2 passes to Victory Lane, entry to the driver’s meeting, 1 ride along during pre-race driver introductions and a full-service RV and campsite in Turn 2 campground
• Phoenix International Raceway Package: Entrance for 2 to the Octane VIP lounge, reserved parking, 2 Cold Garage passes and a pace car ride for 2
• Watkins Glen International Package: 2 VIP Crown Royal Club admissions, infield parking, 2 passes to driver introductions and 2 passes to Gatorade Victory Lane
• Auto Club Speedway Package: 2 Skybox Suite passes, a Saturday Pace Car ride for 2, 2 Cold Garage passes and 2 weekend pit passes
• Homestead-Miami Speedway Package: 4 Champions Club tickets, 4 Hot Garage passes, weekend Premier parking and a VIP Private Track tour on Saturday of race weekend.
• Chicagoland Speedway VIP Package: 2 Turn 4 Club admission passes, 2 Cold Garage passes, 2 pit passes, 1 Preferred Parking pass and 2 Richard Petty Driving Experience packages.
• Racing helmet autographed by Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
- Keselowski Wins The GEICO 500; Keeps Sprint Cup Title Hopes Alive
- Timothy Peters holds on for victory in fred’s 250 Camping World Truck Series race
- Vickers Captures Top Spot for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500
- Erik Jones, Ben Kennedy to Tackle Talladega for First Time; Special Time for Kennedy Whose Great Grandfather Built the Iconic Venue
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Autograph Session And New Rapid Qualifying Format Debuts at Talladega Superspeedway Friday