Talladega Superspeedway Fans and NASCAR Foundation Efforts Net Nearly $100,000 Extra for Alabama Relief
Race fans came from hundreds of miles and many different states to participate in last weekend’s Donate and Drive ‘DEGA event at Talladega Superspeedway, raising close to $34,000 for the American Red Cross and Alabama relief efforts. The NASCAR Foundation netted more than $58,000 for disaster relief through donations and online sales of $5 NASCAR Unites wristbands, with more yet to come. The nearly $100,000 is in addition to the $100,000 that Talladega Superspeedway already committed on April 28.
“I’m extremely grateful for the outpouring of support from the NASCAR community,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “With the help of our race fans, our media partners, sponsors and The NASCAR Foundation, we’ve managed to raise a lot of money to help the citizens of Alabama that were impacted by the storms. It’s a tremendous step in the right direction.”
Race fans can continue to support the relief efforts by bidding on exclusive racing packages at http://foundation.nascar.com/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1426.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola