Talladega Superspeedway Fans and NASCAR Foundation Efforts Net Nearly $100,000 Extra for Alabama Relief
Race fans came from hundreds of miles and many different states to participate in last weekend’s Donate and Drive ‘DEGA event at Talladega Superspeedway, raising close to $34,000 for the American Red Cross and Alabama relief efforts. The NASCAR Foundation netted more than $58,000 for disaster relief through donations and online sales of $5 NASCAR Unites wristbands, with more yet to come. The nearly $100,000 is in addition to the $100,000 that Talladega Superspeedway already committed on April 28.
“I’m extremely grateful for the outpouring of support from the NASCAR community,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “With the help of our race fans, our media partners, sponsors and The NASCAR Foundation, we’ve managed to raise a lot of money to help the citizens of Alabama that were impacted by the storms. It’s a tremendous step in the right direction.”
Race fans can continue to support the relief efforts by bidding on exclusive racing packages at http://foundation.nascar.com/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1426.
- “2 for $88” Dale Earnhardt Jr. Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Package Ends Monday at Midnight
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Named Honorary Member of Famed Alabama Gang; Iconic No. 2 Championship Car of Dale Sr. Driven Around Talladega Superspeedway in Day of Historic Proportion
- NASCAR Fanatic? Visit the New, Improved Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway’s Fan Zone During the Double Elimination Race Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22