Blood Drive Added To Saturday's Relief Efforts at Talladega Superspeedway
Talladega Superspeedway announced today that the American Red Cross will host a blood drive on Saturday, May 7 at the track. Additionally, track sponsors Aaron’s and America’s First Federal Credit Union are accepting donations to aid in the relief efforts at store and branch locations throughout the state.
“There’s always a strong need for blood following a natural disaster,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “We discussed it with the Red Cross and since we are expecting a great crowd for the track drives on Saturday, we thought it would be a great opportunity to give fans a chance to make blood donations as well. Race fans will have a chance to help out twice this weekend; both monetarily and with the gift of life. If you can’t make it to Talladega Superspeedway this weekend however, I’d encourage everyone to stop by an America’s First branch or Aaron’s store in Alabama and make a donation to help the relief efforts. We all need to lend a helping hand during these difficult times.”
The blood drive will correspond with the track drives on Saturday, opening at 9 am and closing at approximately 2 pm.
For a $50 cash or check donation to the American Red Cross race fans will be able to drive their personal vehicle around the high-banks of Talladega Superspeedway, May 6 -8. Gates open each day at 9 a.m. and close at 2 p.m. All vehicles must be street legal and equipped with enough seatbelts for all passengers. RV’s, tractor trailers and motorcycles will not be permitted.
NASCAR Unites wristbands will also be available to any race fan attending the track drive. For a $5 donation, fans will receive the special NASCAR Unites wristband with all proceeds going to Alabama disaster relief.
For more information on Talladega Superspeedway, please call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit them online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Alabama Icons Reunite, Cast a New Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Big, Bold & Tough “Vulcan” Trophy
- How Crowd-Pleasing is the Racing at Talladega Superspeedway? So Much That Fans Representing All 50 States & 20 Countries Are Set to Attend Hellmann’s 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Talladega-Sized Concessions Return With “The Big One" Meatball and The "Talla-Mento Dogwich”