Donate and Drive 'DEGA - Talladega To Aid In Alabama Disaster Relief With $100,000 Commitment
Talladega Superspeedway announced plans today to aid the American Red Cross in relief efforts from the devastation of yesterday’s storms that tore through Alabama, with a $100,000 commitment. Race fans can do their part as well and get a chance at tackling the high-banks of Talladega in turn. For a $50 donation to the American Red Cross race fans will be able to drive their personal vehicle around the high-banks of Talladega Superspeedway, May 6 -8.
“In times of crisis it’s important for all members of the community to come together and lend a helping hand,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “I’m challenging all our race fans and others throughout the region to come out and help our neighbors in need. Hopefully the chance to drive Talladega will provide an extra incentive to get more people involved.”
Track rides will begin at approximately 9 a.m. and end at 2 p.m. each day. All vehicles must be street legal and equipped with enough seatbelts for all passengers. RV’s and motorcycles will not be permitted.
Cash and check donations will be accepted at the gate of Talladega Superspeedway with all proceeds going to the Alabama chapter of the American Red Cross.
For more information on Talladega Superspeedway, please call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visit them online at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Advanced Priced Tickets On Sale Friday for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pivotal Oct. 21-23 Weekend, Featuring Two NASCAR Chase Elimination Races
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200