Talladega Superspeedway Unveils New Shower and Restroom Facility for Family and South Parks
Talladega Superspeedway unveiled a new shower and restroom facility outside of Turn 1 that will service the Family and FREE South campgrounds.
“The shower house that previously served this area was built in 1988 when Mike Helton was President of Talladega Superspeedway,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “While it served us well for many years, it was quite small with only four showers (2 men’s and 2 women’s). The new shower house has 18 showers on each side and more than 30 restroom facilities on each side. It’s a substantial improvement. We’ve also converted the old shower house into a Security and Guest Services building that will service the South side of the track.”
The new shower facility measures approximately 6400 square-feet compared to approximately 800 square-feet for the old facility. An array of Rheem tank-less hot water heaters provide instant hot water throughout shower house.
A video of the new shower house is loaded to Talladega Superspeedway’s Youtube page at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jr70rdDII4
Additionally, Geico and Camping World will have displays near the new shower house to provide camping services for race fans.
The countdown is on for the April 15- 17 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 is set for Friday, April 15. On Saturday, April 16, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 17, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
To purchase or for more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway or this event, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015