Talladega Superspeedway Unveils New Shower and Restroom Facility for Family and South Parks
Talladega Superspeedway unveiled a new shower and restroom facility outside of Turn 1 that will service the Family and FREE South campgrounds.
“The shower house that previously served this area was built in 1988 when Mike Helton was President of Talladega Superspeedway,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “While it served us well for many years, it was quite small with only four showers (2 men’s and 2 women’s). The new shower house has 18 showers on each side and more than 30 restroom facilities on each side. It’s a substantial improvement. We’ve also converted the old shower house into a Security and Guest Services building that will service the South side of the track.”
The new shower facility measures approximately 6400 square-feet compared to approximately 800 square-feet for the old facility. An array of Rheem tank-less hot water heaters provide instant hot water throughout shower house.
A video of the new shower house is loaded to Talladega Superspeedway’s Youtube page at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jr70rdDII4
Additionally, Geico and Camping World will have displays near the new shower house to provide camping services for race fans.
The countdown is on for the April 15- 17 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 is set for Friday, April 15. On Saturday, April 16, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 17, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
To purchase or for more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway or this event, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Talladega Superspeedway Honors its Latest Winner With “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package for Alabama 500
- Talladega Superspeedway Nominated for USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice “Best NASCAR Track”
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Exciting GEICO 500 & Winn-Dixie 300 Weekend to Be Seen Through Lenses of 100,000 Cameras
- Fan-Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins GEICO 500 For First Talladega Superspeedway Victory in 11 Years
- Logano Emerges From Pack on Final Lap to Win Wild Winn-Dixie 300 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Talladega Superspeedway