Fan Hall of Fame Nominations Now Being Accepted
The history and lore surrounding Talladega Superspeedway leads thousands of NASCAR fans to flock to the foothills of Alabama twice a year. Now, two fans will be chosen each year to become a part of the track’s history when they are enshrined to the Talladega Superspeedway Fan Hall of Fame.
“Talladega has some of the most passionate race fans on the circuit,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Our desire to recognize those loyal and outgoing fans led to the creation of the Fan Hall of Fame.”
Fans can nominate themselves or be nominated by others by completing the online entry form and an essay of 100 words or less, explaining why they should be selected as the ultimate fan of Talladega Superspeedway. The selection committee consists of staff from Talladega Superspeedway and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
In recognition of being selected to the Talladega Superspeedway Fan Hall of Fame, inductees will be recognized during pre-race ceremonies of the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and showcased on www.talladegasuperspeedway.com and in a special display at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum.
Nominations for the 2011 Fan Hall of Fame will be accepted from February 1 - March 1, 2011. A full set of rules and online nomination form can be found at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/fhof.
The countdown is on for the April 15- 17 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 is set for Friday, April 15. On Saturday, April 16, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 17, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Local Celebrity Judges Named for 12th Annual Alabama Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway Saturday, March 4
- Center Stage(s)! Talladega Superspeedway Yet Again in Spotlight of NASCAR as Track Announces Stage Lengths as Part of New 2017 Format Enhancement
- Talladega Superspeedway is Excited to Name Jake Carlisle as New Director of Ticketing
- Talladega Superspeedway Part of International Speedway Corporation’s (ISC) New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media (ISM)
- The Charlie Daniels Band Set for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, May 6