Fan Hall of Fame Nominations Now Being Accepted
The history and lore surrounding Talladega Superspeedway leads thousands of NASCAR fans to flock to the foothills of Alabama twice a year. Now, two fans will be chosen each year to become a part of the track’s history when they are enshrined to the Talladega Superspeedway Fan Hall of Fame.
“Talladega has some of the most passionate race fans on the circuit,” said Talladega Superspeedway Chairman Grant Lynch. “Our desire to recognize those loyal and outgoing fans led to the creation of the Fan Hall of Fame.”
Fans can nominate themselves or be nominated by others by completing the online entry form and an essay of 100 words or less, explaining why they should be selected as the ultimate fan of Talladega Superspeedway. The selection committee consists of staff from Talladega Superspeedway and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
In recognition of being selected to the Talladega Superspeedway Fan Hall of Fame, inductees will be recognized during pre-race ceremonies of the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and showcased on www.talladegasuperspeedway.com and in a special display at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum.
Nominations for the 2011 Fan Hall of Fame will be accepted from February 1 - March 1, 2011. A full set of rules and online nomination form can be found at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/fhof.
The countdown is on for the April 15- 17 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 is set for Friday, April 15. On Saturday, April 16, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 17, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Infield Party-The Big One On The Blvd-on Friday, Oct. 17, Back with New Twists
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend
- The “Wow Factor” of the X Games Coming to Talladega Superspeedway with ASA Action Sports World Tour, Oct. 18-19