Hunts With NASCAR Celebs Headline Wild Game Cook-off Auction
The silent auction is always a major part of the annual Alabama Army National Guard/Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF) Wild Game Cook-off at Talladega Superspeedway. This year, NASCAR President Mike Helton, legendary Alabama Gang driver Donnie Allison and up-and-coming NASCAR driver Jeffery Earnhardt have all agreed to spend time with auction winners. But the only way to bid on these once-in-a-lifetime opportunities is to be at Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, February 5th.
Tickets to attend the Alabama Army National Guard/AWF Wild Game Cook-Off are $40 per person, or $50 per couple when purchased prior to the event. To purchase tickets, pre-order rides around the track or participate as a cook team call the Alabama Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-9453 or visit their website at www.alabamawildlife.org.
In addition to delicious food prepared by the area’s best wild game cooks, a major highlight of the day will be the chance to take a ride around the historic 2.66-mile tri-oval in official track vehicles. Rides will be from 2:45 to 4:30 p.m. and are sold for $50 each to the first 150 cook-off ticket holders who purchase them in advance. Each ride also qualifies the purchaser for a drawing for one 6-lap Superspeedway Teaser with the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
The following companies are currently sponsoring the Talladega Cook-off:
• Alabama Army National Guard
• Alabama Power Company
• America's First Federal Credit Union
• Andritz Inc.
• Anthony Dulaney Plumbing
• Cheaha Construction
• Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure
• Event Operations Group, Inc
• First South Farm Credit
• Freeman Service Company, Inc.
• Page 2
• G & M Electrical Supply
• Haynes Brothers
• Haynes Construction, Inc
• Jones Sign Company
• Krebs Architecture & Engineering, Inc
• Lathan Associates Architects
• Mark's Outdoors
• Mayer Electric Supply
• Maynard, Cooper & Gale, P. C.
• Metro Bank
• Metro D Construction, LLC
• Morrow Rail Road Builders, Inc
• Nighthawk Security
• Oxford Lumber Company
• Pit Stop Ice and Water
• R. Lance Bell
• Richardson Clement, PC
• Sunbelt Rentals
• Talladega Superspeedway
• The First National Bank of Talladega
• Trussell & Funderburg PC
• Webb Concrete & Building Materials, Inc
• Woodruff and Love, Attorney at Law
All proceeds from the event will benefit AWF, the oldest and largest non-profit conservation organization in Alabama. The AWF was established by sportsmen in 1935 to promote the conservation and wise use of our wildlife and natural resources and to ensure a high quality of life for future generations of Alabamians. The organization holds wild game cook-offs throughout the state, however this statewide event is its largest fundraiser each year.
Keep up to date with the latest information on the Wild Game Cook-off, door prizes and silent auction items by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Alabama Icons Reunite, Cast a New Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Big, Bold & Tough “Vulcan” Trophy
- How Crowd-Pleasing is the Racing at Talladega Superspeedway? So Much That Fans Representing All 50 States & 20 Countries Are Set to Attend Hellmann’s 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Talladega-Sized Concessions Return With “The Big One" Meatball and The "Talla-Mento Dogwich”