RACE FEVER Returns to Talladega on April 15
Ah, Winter - Barren trees and brown lawns; freezing temperatures; the dreaded end of college football season; …and then, our thoughts turn to spring – thoughts of flowers blooming, birds singing, the smell of burning rubber - yes…burning rubber - and RACE FEVER. You heard correctly --- after a two-year fall experience, RACE FEVER is moving back to the spring race weekend at Talladega Superspeedway!
Yes – We’re Back with the 26th annual Race Fever Dinner and Auction, ‘Dega’s Ultimate Party with a Purpose. This year’s event will be held Friday, April 15th, 2011beginning at 6:30p.m.and will be an incredible, fast-paced, excitement-filled evening which includes an all-you-can-eat Southern barbecue feast, the chance to see and meet numerous NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series drivers, a mega-Silent Auction and a Live Auction filled with once-in-a-lifetime race experiences and other great items.
Don’t be left in the dust as race fans from all over the world converge on the SPEED Channel Dome at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame on Friday evening of the Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Event tickets are $50 or buy a table for 8 for $375. Tickets are available online at www.racefever.org or by calling (256) 761-3317.
Former NASCAR Chairman, the late Bill France, Jr. organized the first Race Fever event in 1986 to benefit children and adults served by AIDB and today is the largest source of unrestricted funds for the AIDB Foundation. Through the continued support and coordination between NASCAR, the racing community, AIDB and Talladega Superspeedway, Race Fever has grown steadily and in 25+ years has raised over $3.0 million for AIDB Foundation, the designated charity of Talladega Superspeedway.
About Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Since 1858, AIDB has been a leader in education and rehabilitation services for Alabama’s sensory impaired children and adults. Through five Talladega campuses and eight regional centers throughout Alabama, AIDB serves thousands of children and adults who are deaf, blind and multi-disabled in all 67 counties of Alabama. To learn more about AIDB, log onto www.aidb.org.
Talladega Superspeedway is already gearing up for the 2011 Aaron’s Dream Weekend featuring qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA Racing Series 250 race on Friday, April 15. On Saturday, April 16, fans will see qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 17, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA.
- “2 for $88” Dale Earnhardt Jr. Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Package Ends Monday at Midnight
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Named Honorary Member of Famed Alabama Gang; Iconic No. 2 Championship Car of Dale Sr. Driven Around Talladega Superspeedway in Day of Historic Proportion
- NASCAR Fanatic? Visit the New, Improved Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway’s Fan Zone During the Double Elimination Race Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22