Wild Game Cook-off Is February 5
Fire up the grills and pull out those cookbooks, the sixth annual Alabama Army National Guard/Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF) Wild Game Cook-off at Talladega Superspeedway is set for Saturday, February 5, 2011. The annual event featuring fast cars, good food and fun times will again be held in the track’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage with rides starting at 2:45 p.m. and cook-off gates opening at 4 p.m.
In addition to delicious food prepared by the area’s best wild game cooks, a major highlight of the day will be the chance to take a ride around the historic 2.66-mile tri-oval in official track vehicles. Rides will be from 2:45 to 4:30 p.m. and are sold for $50 each to the first 150 cook-off ticket holders who purchase them in advance. Each ride also qualifies the purchaser for a drawing for one 6-lap Superspeedway Teaser with the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
Visitors are encouraged to arrive early to check out all of the creative displays and sample all of the delicious wild game dishes offered by the teams set up throughout the garage. The center aisle of the garage will feature an array of spectacular and unique silent auction items, attractively displayed for browsing as guests sample the delicious food. Expected items include hunting trips with various celebrities, autographed racing memorabilia, hunting gear and ladies items. Prints from artists Eddie LeRoy, the late Larry Chandler and several prints from former award winners of AWF’s annual Flora and Fauna art show will also be up for auction.
Tickets to attend the Alabama Army National Guard/AWF Wild Game Cook-Off are $40 per person, or $50 per couple when purchased prior to the event. To purchase tickets, pre-order rides around the track or participate as a cook team call the Alabama Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-9453 or visit their website at www.alabamawildlife.org.
All cook teams that enter the Cook-off will be entered into a drawing for four (4) Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure Three-Lap Qualifier Rides. That is one for each member of the cook team.
Sponsorships ranging from $250 to $5000 are also available by calling the Alabama Wildlife Federation. The following companies are currently sponsoring the Talladega Cook-off:
• Metro Bank (Lincoln branch)
• Jones Sign Company
• Richardson Clement, PC
• Webb Concrete and Building Materials
• Metro D Construction
• Morrow Rail Road Builders
• America’s First Federal Credit Union
• Haynes Brothers Co.
All proceeds from the event will benefit AWF, the oldest and largest non-profit conservation organization in Alabama. The AWF was established by sportsmen in 1935 to promote the conservation and wise use of our wildlife and natural resources and to ensure a high quality of life for future generations of Alabamians. The organization holds wild game cook-offs throughout the state, however this statewide event is its largest fundraiser each year.
Keep up to date with the latest information on the Wild Game Cook-off, door prizes and silent auction items by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola